Archaeology & History (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey, I am thinking of doing something like this at Uni.. UNE or ANU. Does anyone do Archaeology now? Where at? Do you like it?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
wouldnt it be REALLY hard to get a job here?
the job market here in archealogy is extremely low [and u would think so too] but they get paid HEAPS.. umm but yeah if a compnay can employ u and take u to another country to looks for stufff ie. egypt..then ur a rich cookie :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not every subject is taken for future employment... In fact, many degrees aren't taken for future employment.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL - yeah, only the best of the best get into that - go on digs around the world. Nah, I'm planning on applying for Graduate Medicine, so I figured I do something that really interested me for my undergrad degree - which is History, Archaeology, Classical Civillisations, Anthrapology etc.. And science half because I really really miss it and also to get a soild grounding in it if I have any hope of Grad Med.

Also, if I don't get into Med, then I plan in doing a graduate diploma in Education, and woulda want to teach history. Or, if I am good at it, the ever Post-Grad studies in Archaeology.

I'm hoping to get into UNE - but I need to get a scholarship to pay for it. So, if I get a scholarship to UNE and ANU then I'm going there. (UNE would be my first choice though) and if not, then I'm hoping Sydney, then Maccas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)