architectural technology at tafe & transferring to uni (1 Viewer)

rzou

HSC
hey.. is anyone doin or has done dip/ad dip architectural technology at tafe and transferred/transferring to uni?? if so.. what uni's are available to transfer to, and wat are the conditions? do u need a credit average? do they use ur UAI?

is it easy to transfer?

also, out of ultimo or st george, which of the two is the better campus to attend for this course?

Thanks...

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
ultimo i've heard.

if i cant get into the uni i want, then i'm going to ultimo tafe to do architechual tech

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
oh shit, i forgot the answer the rest of the question.

UTS, and New castle are two of the unis.

New castle has a comprehensive look on how the credits transfer onto the course, have alook on the site.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
rzou said:
hey.. is anyone doin or has done dip/ad dip architectural technology at tafe and transferred/transferring to uni?? if so.. what uni's are available to transfer to, and wat are the conditions? do u need a credit average? do they use ur UAI?

is it easy to transfer?

also, out of ultimo or st george, which of the two is the better campus to attend for this course?

Thanks...
Um, I can answer some of that - when you are applying the Universities will be looking at your TAFE GPA averaged with your UAI and that is your new entrance rank for uni.
For example you get such and such marks at TAFE in your Diploma and that get converted to a score. This document has information on how TAFE scores are converted if you scroll down a little. http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=6232
Then once you have this number from your TAFE studies you basically add it to your UAI and divide by two for example (GPA + UAI)/2 = new score to get into uni.

rzou

HSC
oh ok thanks for that... that really helped.. i didnt know whether they took ur UAI into consideration or not but that cleared it up... and thanks anthrax for that info

im the same... i was sayin if i don't get 88 as a UAI then ill probably end up going to TAFE... wait and see i guess..

has anyone done architectural techand transfered to uni? or is anyone doin the course at TAFE? is it good? and is it alot of work?

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
this was from another thread...

"I'm currently doing Cert 4 Arch Tech part time and so far I've enjoyed it. The teachers are good, facilities are okay and the course content is alright however of the stuff is a challenge to get your head around (not saying it can't be done). For more info go to the TAFE website."

this is for hornsby though.

rzou

HSC
ahh thanks for that.. it sounds good.. hopefully they accept my application.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)