• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Architecture - Additional Selection Criteria? (1 Viewer)

goomba

HSC
Hi, first post here :)

Mmm, so lately it's hit me that it is very likely that my UAI won't be as high as i may have liked, especially after coming out of a few of the previous HSC exams.

Previously, i didn't have any particular aspirations as to what i wanted to do in uni, but recently i had a look at architecture and really liked the sound of it. I think i pretty much have my heart set on it now, because it's something i actually want to do, whereas before, i didn't have my eye on anything.

So in reading up about it, i've found that an additional submission can be made to increase our chances if it be that our UAI falls under cut-off?

In both cases, the portfolio should include, along with the cover sheet to be downloaded below:
1) A letter of interest which includes information about any experience you have with architecture or related fields, that demonstrate an interest and/or capacity for the study of architecture.
2) References.
3) Examples of work - art work, exhibited work, architectural work, written work, work showing skills in design or creativity.

(http://wwwfaculty.arch.usyd.edu.au/admissions/)

So a question to the arch students out there (and maybe anyone who's been in a similar situation?), what would they be looking for in the submission for the portfolio?

Visual Arts wasn't one of my HSC subjects, but i have participated in the design of publications such as my School's annual yearbook etc. Would that be of any value in the portfolio?

And how many UAI points do you think they would allow for? up to 5points below the cut-off? (cut-off is around 93.05 i think?)

Yea.. i was just looking for some advice as to how i'd go about putting my portfolio together

Thank you :)

xxPanDa

HSC
goomba said:
Hi, first post here :)

Mmm, so lately it's hit me that it is very likely that my UAI won't be as high as i may have liked, especially after coming out of a few of the previous HSC exams.

Previously, i didn't have any particular aspirations as to what i wanted to do in uni, but recently i had a look at architecture and really liked the sound of it. I think i pretty much have my heart set on it now, because it's something i actually want to do, whereas before, i didn't have my eye on anything.

So in reading up about it, i've found that an additional submission can be made to increase our chances if it be that our UAI falls under cut-off?

In both cases, the portfolio should include, along with the cover sheet to be downloaded below:
1) A letter of interest which includes information about any experience you have with architecture or related fields, that demonstrate an interest and/or capacity for the study of architecture.
2) References.
3) Examples of work - art work, exhibited work, architectural work, written work, work showing skills in design or creativity.

(http://wwwfaculty.arch.usyd.edu.au/admissions/)

So a question to the arch students out there (and maybe anyone who's been in a similar situation?), what would they be looking for in the submission for the portfolio?

Visual Arts wasn't one of my HSC subjects, but i have participated in the design of publications such as my School's annual yearbook etc. Would that be of any value in the portfolio?

And how many UAI points do you think they would allow for? up to 5points below the cut-off? (cut-off is around 93.05 i think?)

Yea.. i was just looking for some advice as to how i'd go about putting my portfolio together

Thank you :)

im in the same position! i miss out by 1.05!
i didnt do visual arts...

how about applying for other uni's??

but i somehow want to go usyd.. cause it looks prestigious lol

xxPanDa

HSC
sorry for the double post but i really need help on my portfolio
has anyone made one before? i need an exampplee

can u tell me specifically what should be in the letter of interest
and some more examples for past experiences
and i dont know who to put for my references

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)