• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are our calculators checked before we start the Maths HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

Animals

Banned
HSC
For the past 2-3 years, I've always just etched formulas that I have trouble remembering onto my calculator lid, sliding it up and down during exams to check for formulas. Now, I've done this for the last 2-odd years, and teachers have never suspected a thing, nor have they asked me to show them my calculator before beginning an exam. But now I'm worried that the supervisors will check our calculators before allowing us to begin the HSC exam.

So, past HSC students: Do the supervisors check calculators before allowing students to begin the paper?

decoil

HSC
Animals said:
For the past 2-3 years, I've always just etched formulas that I have trouble remembering onto my calculator lid, sliding it up and down during exams to check for formulas. Now, I've done this for the last 2-odd years, and teachers have never suspected a thing, nor have they asked me to show them my calculator before beginning an exam. But now I'm worried that the supervisors will check our calculators before allowing us to begin the HSC exam.

So, past HSC students: Do the supervisors check calculators before allowing students to begin the paper?
At my school, we arent allowed to take calculator lids in at all, and Im pretty sure thats a rule taken from HSC conditions... so yeah, dont be suprised if they tell you to take it off.

Animals

Banned
HSC
decoil said:
At my school, we arent allowed to take calculator lids in at all, and Im pretty sure thats a rule taken from HSC conditions... so yeah, dont be suprised if they tell you to take it off.
Damn it! Now I've got to waste my time learning formulas! Fuck. :(

jirwin

HSC
Our calculators were checked before we started the exam - they had to be turned off, and the lids put on the ground.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
They are often checked including the lid as you walk in.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Well in the SC exam we had to put the lids on the ground next to our table.

But look at it this way, even if they don't check initially, if they find out during the exam you're really screwed.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Yeah they check that you don't have anything programmed into your calculator before you go in.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
回复: Are our calculators checked before we start the Maths HSC exam?

Animals said:

I remember they will request you to slide off the cover from your calculator(s) and repeat for everyone else.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
We got to keep out calculator lids on the calculator, but a representative from your school (e.g. maths head teacher) will check that your calculator is allowed (not usually the examination supervisors) and usually will glance over it to ensure you don't have formulae all over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)