• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are Science related UAI cut offs this year gonna be higher? (1 Viewer)

K

kris1233

Hi
Does anybody have a feeling of whether Science related subjects such as B Science would have a UAI cut off higher than last years?

tennille

HSC
It really depends on the demand for the course- the higher the demand, the most likely the cut-off will be higher. However, usually they do rise by about 1-2 UAI points each year.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
some science courses will rise
some will drop
some will stay the same

all depends on the supply and demand on certain courses

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
usyd science is always popular, and i dont think it'll fall any time soon. some may have heard of the school of chem downsizing at unsw, and that they may affect the number of people trying to get into there (but who knows).

hellomike

HSC
Just hope and wait - there's only a week left from tommorow until the "big day".

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kris1233 said:
Hi
Does anybody have a feeling of whether Science related subjects such as B Science would have a UAI cut off higher than last years?
i spoke to the Dean of Science, and he said they're falling uniformly by 0.80 UAI across all science courses, at all unis.

K

kris1233

Hi
Thanks guys for your responses

Not sure Stazi whom Dean of Science is?
Am I being a little slow to picking up something?

But if what your saying is serisous then Im glad to hear that most science courses are dropping rather than rising :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
... you're joking. A Dean is a head of an administrative division or faculty at a university. So the Dean of Science would be a fictional character to represent all Deans of Science around Australia. How can someone know at this stage if cutoffs are rising/falling? More importantly, how can all science courses drop by an exact amount, no matter what the institution is. Cutoffs are set by demand, not by some imaginary villain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)