Area of study speech (1 Viewer)

timtam

hey guys, i have to do a speech for my assesment. i have to show how the journey is reflected through a character in any A.O.S texts. Any ideas plz????

HSC
N/A
lol.

Ok, for starters, what stimulus text are you doing?

Secondly, a basic concept of journey needs to be applied to that stimulus text. Look at how the protagonist or responder changes, for example (if they do). Or perhaps the responder "goes on a journey".

Thirdly (although most importantly) what type of Journey are you doing? Physical, Imaginary, or Inner?

My advice is really just to brainstorm as much as you can. To make it better, start looking at how the journey is represented - techniques etc. I'd be more than happy to look over and critique any drafts you do - just pm them and your email addy to me :)

timtam

Thanks glitterfairy, i want to do either "the road not taken" or "journey to the interior". Probably "the road" because it is about coices and the inner journey of life. What do you think?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
hey do you know how to study english i dont know how...

HSC
N/A
Well, I did Inner Journeys and Journey to the Interior, and I know many people did The Road Not Taken.

I think both are good, but bear in mind A LOT of people will do "the road not taken". My class was actually advised against doing it for that very reason.

HSC
N/A
persona? *blink*

Sorry, post-hsc head of cotton wool. Do you mean protagonist/narrator? (to put it into glitterfairy-speak)

HSC
N/A
what have you got so far?

I'm not adverse to helping people, but to do well in english, you must actually understand the concepts as opposed to regurgitating information. Tell me what you know, and I'll expand on it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)