Arrests as anti-G20 turns violent (2 Viewers)

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20779055-2,00.html

All these ferals do is diminish the message behind their so-called 'cause'..

An excuse to create 'anarchy' and attempt to rule the streets in my opinion. If it were a bunch of drunk caucasian males acting in this way over a football game or similar, there would be a lot more animosity shown towards their ruthlessness. The police need a crowd control pressure hose...

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I dont get these protests against the G20. I mean if you have a genuine concern about the G20 you wouldn't start a riot. It's just a bunch of complete idiots that is looking for trouble and starting anarchy. According to the article, the police idicates that the anarchists were from Europe, dont these people have something better to do? Why wouldnt you spent the money for a plane ticket to fly here and starts riots, knowing the fact that it will achieve nothing. I dont think most of the protesters have a genuine concern or even know what the G20 is about. They just want to stir up violence and get the media's attention. Complete moronic idiots thinking they will make a difference rioting....:mad1:

Half the people you see in the pictures don't look protesters, more like people taking advantage of the situation and wants to loot stores and cause destruction.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I mean if you have a genuine concern about the G20 you wouldn't start a riot.
What would you do? I think that's the problem... there's a fair amount of desperation from those protesters. But yea, I really don't like these sort of protests... even if you don't participate in the violence you KNOW it's going to be there and in a way are sanctioning it as a part of your same message.

L

littlewing69

Meh. A fair bit of the blame for a lot of this stuff rests on the cops/security sometimes.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
These protesters are probably meth-addict, lazy bum who collect welfare cheque and heard about protest at G8 meeting elsewhere and think that they can be on TV by protesting for a cause they don't even understand!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Anarchist 1: "Hey, dude, there's a forum advocating free trade on the weekend"
Anarchist 2: "Don't we hate government intervention because it's oppressive?"
Anarchist 1: "Exactly, let's protest it."

banco55

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What would you do? I think that's the problem... there's a fair amount of desperation from those protesters. But yea, I really don't like these sort of protests... even if you don't participate in the violence you KNOW it's going to be there and in a way are sanctioning it as a part of your same message.
Desperation? I guarantee you they are all from middle class homes and have never wanted for anything.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
violence from true protests (not bogans or drugos) only comes when the protestors know they are not getting the attention or media coverage they wanted to spread their message.

if anyone is anti-g20, can you tell me why you're against it?

gerhard

HSC
there have always been lefty christians in oz. i mean jesus and his gang were pretty collectivist

L

littlewing69

Not-That-Bright said:
I don't see what that has to do with anything...
You're not allowed to protest against something you believe is wrong, unless you yourself are being wronged, it seems. Ridiculous.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Meh let them protest. The government needs people to protest, that way the country can make whatever decisions they want, but at the same time people are allowed to protest against it so it looks like we don't want it happening...A country where we can say one thing, and do another. i believe it's called having your cake, and eating it too :p (cookie to whoever knows where that came from)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
littlewing69 said:
Meh. A fair bit of the blame for a lot of this stuff rests on the cops/security sometimes.
Look at the pics in the second 2 links in my first post in this thread, the police are just standing there doing nothing while the anarchists vandalise their vehicles and throw medical waste at them.

If you don't like those because they're from conservative bloggers, here it is from indymedia, an entirely unbiased source:

http://melbourne.indymedia.org/news/2006/11/130701_comment.php

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
littlewing69 said:
You're not allowed to protest against something you believe is wrong, unless you yourself are being wronged, it seems. Ridiculous.
No one said protest are not allowed. You will be very happy if it was your car, home or property that was destroyed in this kind of incident won't ya? :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)