• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

art history/theory (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
just wondering, does USYD have an equivalent of UNSW's "art theory" possilby at a slightly lesser level, but yeah, and if so how would you rate it in terms of usefulness, interest and how well its taught?
and can you major in it?
sorry i'd look some of this stuff up on the website, but for the past week the site ha refused to open.

thanks

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I don't know anything specifically about Sydney ARHT, and afaik we don't have anyone on BoS who does it. However, it's certainly offered - next year the junior units will be (Semester 1) ARHT1002 Modern Times: Art and Film and (Semester 2) ARHT1001 Art and Experience. Information on the ARHT major is available here.

Edit: Wow, ARHT1001 has pretty big assessments for a junior unit. A 1000-word assignment and a 3000-word essay. Guess it doesn't have an exam, though.

Last edited:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
wow thanks for that! it was a great amount of help :D yeah i'm pretty sure i'm be going to sydney now ( the BA UAI is very achievable after all), just not sure of whether to do english or art theory as one of my majors.
also i figured that since art theory is a major at USYD but an actual course at UNSW there might be a difference in the level etc, but yeah from the looks of things the USYD one looks good enough for me
:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)