arts-how many hours/study per day, or week? (1 Viewer)

leeam

HSC
ive heard, about 10 hours per subject (and u do 4, so 40 hours), but is this including lecture and tute times?

subjects include linguistics, psychology, journalism and indonesian at post year 12 level (second year). at deakin uni, in vic

davo_

good kid
HSC
There's no way you'll have 10hrs of lecture/tutes for almost any subject- let alone an arts one. You'll probably have 3-4 hrs a week for a subject in arts. Science tends to be more due to the long lab sessions. Sometimes unis/people describe the hours of work including the hours you are supposed to study,etc; and I am assuming this is where you got the 10 hr figure from.

Edit: After reading your question again, you're more asking how much study ya need to yeah? Umm well probably not that much even if it is suggested. Although it obviously depends on the marks you are looking for. Depending on how bright you are, you will be able to keep a credit average with a pretty small amount of study. In arts subjects (note that I don't actually do arts myself - but know a lot of people that do) the majority of you assessment won't even be through testing, but essays and the like. So you probably don't need to study that much at all to come away with a decent mark.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Expect to have 3 or 4 hours per week for most subjects, 5 or 6 for subjects with labs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)