• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Arts/ Law at Macquarie Uni or UTS? Thanks (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I'm in the middle of deciding preferences. I received a high atar which will allow me entry into both Mac uni and UTS however I am unsure which uni is best. I'm unsure what exactly I want to do in Arts but these are my strengths and I received HSC state rankings in these subjects.
I've heard UTS makes you more employable because they give heaps of practical experience at their uni but what is it like studying law there.
If I was studying law at UTS I would probably study Law and Communications or International Studies. I like Macquarie too because of the student life and campus which UTS sort of lacks and also Mac uni is a 20 minute bus ride from my house in comparison to UTS which is in the city.
If anyone could give me some honest feedback on what UTS is like for law degrees that would be great, and also if I am unsure what exactly my career path is, do you think its better to study at Macquarie which allows you to choose a wide range of electives or do you think its better to go into communications/ law at UTS which is tailored towards those who know wwhat they want. Communications is okay for me, but I also wanted to do some traditional subjects like languages, history etc. and I hate the UTS campus...it's all over the place.
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)