Arts unit (1 Viewer)

Ashleet

HSC
would someone please explain to me how arts works, all i know is that i have to do 8 arts units 1st year. Also if anyone could tell me what theatre studies is like. Any help is appreciated

Ashleet

HSC
no idea - i might practice law, but im not 100% sure, have to see how it goes

Ashleet

HSC
so how many topics is 8 units, are they like 2 units each or......

suz

HSC
Per each semester for first year anyway you do two law topics and four arts units

suz

HSC
Umm me thinks politics, history, italian and don't know for the fourth how bout yourself?????

Ashleet

HSC
i was thinking about theatre studies cause i did drama in hsc and really enjoyed the theory - but might be a little pointless if i want to practice so im thinking international relations pol. science, psych and maybe a language

Ashleet

HSC
but im not 100% sure - i was just reading the une brocher thinngy for law arts, suggested course plan it recommends first year only do 8 units of art, no law, 2nd year ls 100, ls 160, ls 231, ls 232 and 4 arts units. is this what other unis suggest, is it a smart move?

suz

HSC
If that is what it suggests, I spose its the best thing to do. Your subs sound really good, I just heard that psych is alot of work but it's good your sub's are different cause you are keeping your options open. If you are not doing law subs in your first year you have a really good variety

Ashleet

HSC
yeah thats what i figued - plus they are all stuff that might help me in the future

swangal

@suz: Heyo, i went to an arts info thing at Uow 2day, & they said that arts/law students only do 3 arts subjects per session in the first year...(instead of the normal 4).Im also doin History, politics and am not really sure what Im doing yet for the third...

Ashleet

HSC
swangal i luv you av - go spongebob ( currently have the campfire song stuck in my head)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by swangal
@suz: Heyo, i went to an arts info thing at Uow 2day, & they said that arts/law students only do 3 arts subjects per session in the first year...(instead of the normal 4).Im also doin History, politics and am not really sure what Im doing yet for the third...
Yeah I worked that out from that book they sent us with our offer, you have to do 18 points worth of arts each session, and each of the arts subjects are worth 6 points....I joined the dots :D Anywayz Im doing Politics, Sociology and History.

swangal

OOH YEAH! I can't wait until the season starts...lucky there's a spongebob marathon on nickelodeon evry arvo in these hols to keep me occupied while i wait! :D

Ashleet

HSC
lol, he is so going to win that comp thing they are running atm. also luv how degrassi is on every night !!!

suz

HSC
Omg Swangal and Ms 12 you are legends.......
I was stressing cause I didn't know what to choose for my fourth elective (little did I know I didn't need one lol)

Well then, looks like I've had my electives chosen for a while they are italian, history and politics....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)