ARTS1270 : An Introduction To History : Journal? What the heck is it? (1 Viewer)

Jack Holt

HSC
So we're supposed to make this Journal thingy for next week, but I have no idea what it is except that it's there in the Blackboard website..anyone care to shed a light on this? thanks :)

absorber

HSC
Wut. I don't recall being told to do anything. Shit.
Were you in the morning lec or the arvo one?

Jack Holt

HSC
I attended the afternoon one earlier today, 3 to 5 pm. Yeah Ford said something about a journal in the bb9 website. I already looked it up. You have to post a journal in your tutorial day..fuck I really have no idea what I should be writing about.

absorber

HSC
' *
Name
Journal Task 1 Due
Date
Tuesday, 9 March 2010
Start Time
09:00
End Time
13:00
Category
Course
Description
See Week 2 Tutorial Instructions. Post before tute class!

'
Do you have anything else? Because the only homework I was told was the prescribed reading from the course reader, and the textbook. It seems odd. Sure it's not to be done that day or something? How can we do something for a tutorial when we haven't even had one yet?

BTW, I was at the morning lecture

EDIT- OH WAIT I GET IT. There's something after all, yeah. Tute preparation guide in the purple booklet.

Jack Holt

HSC
Oh yeah?? Can you give me the page mate? I'm having a hard time flipping through the pages trying to find the right page..

Jack Holt

HSC
Wait -- I think I found it. Page 13 right? Oooooh crapp..we're having this kind of shit this soon? :(

So how do we go about collecting the work? Just by posting it in the bb9 or do we have to put it in the box at the School of History and Philosophy?

absorber

HSC
Oh yeah?? Can you give me the page mate? I'm having a hard time flipping through the pages trying to find the right page..
Week 02 tutorial preparation and activities

tutorial readings. Sahlins; Diamond; (read mcneill and mcneill, 3-24)

tutorial preparation assignment. Read sahlins from the 'outside in' with a highlighter (Little Red Booklet):
1. Locate his major argument (in his introduction and conclusion)
2. Read the introductions and conclusions of his subsections
3. Locate the whole topic sentence of each paragraph
4. Read the whole thing through

Then write a summary of the major argument and some minor arguments of the article (<200 words). Be sure to note his place in the historical conversation - with whom is he disagreeing. POST IN YOUR JOURNAL

Alternatively, flip to page 13.

Ugh. Ah well, couldn't hurt to type up I guess.

absorber

HSC
Wait -- I think I found it. Page 13 right? Oooooh crapp..we're having this kind of shit this soon? :(

So how do we go about collecting the work? Just by posting it in the bb9 or do we have to put it in the box at the School of History and Philosophy?
I have absolutely no idea.

absorber

HSC

BTW, how do we access little red book?

SpoonSamba

HSC
Im doing this too

its just crapping on about the readings isnt it?
cos they the tutors dnt read them so i wasnt really gonna try too hard...

Jack Holt

HSC
Absorber, have you got the Journal done? Damn dude I really don't know what to write about. I mean, the reading is too fukken scary. I read about 8 pages then the fancy English really put me off :p

absorber

HSC
Absorber, have you got the Journal done? Damn dude I really don't know what to write about. I mean, the reading is too fukken scary. I read about 8 pages then the fancy English really put me off :p
Sorry about the delay man, I'm not checking every day. Lol pretty simple, I read all of it at least once and bits more than once but then it shouldn't matter, you could bullshit it, they weren't gonna read it anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)