Asking some questions (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Here is my situation..
I'm 21 years old and now attending public high school in year 11
I know it's strange and hard for me to adapt with the condition (I'm older and another students are a lot younger)
I'm from overseas and actually had finished my year 12 there and went to Australia about 2 years ago. I did the HSC in TAFE the first 3 months of 2006 but it's not for me,there was no competition, the class was really small (about 10-15 people in the preliminary on the first 3 month and after that they were gone and just 3-4 came up to the class), and was worried about the scaling thing. I'd like to go to Uni because "muscle work" is not for me.
I live here by my self (all of my family in overseas) and I don't have much money to go to foundation or another pathways to go to University
So I went to year 11 last 2 week. I'm doing ESL, Math 2 U,Ext 1 Math,Chemistry,Physic,IPT, and English Fundamental (will finish on the end of year 11)

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum because I'm year 11 student but I think I'm asking about the HSC so I posted here.
I'd like to ask about my chance to gain the high UAI (>95).
Are my age,my school (public school with 15 90'ish and the highest UAI was 98.65),my English subject which is ESL a disadvantages for me to gain >95 UAI?
My advantage is that I've done it before with a above average result in overseas. I've read some of my subject's book (even year 12 book) and I think I can cope with that.

Sorry for my English :)

sleepplease

HSC
Keep up the hard work, make sure you ask for help as soon as you have any difficulties and you can DEFINITELY achieve very good results!!
Don't appologise for your english, it is very good!
Best of Luck!!!
--soph

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
dhampoet said:
Here is my situation..
I'm 21 years old and now attending public high school in year 11
I know it's strange and hard for me to adapt with the condition (I'm older and another students are a lot younger)
I'm from overseas and actually had finished my year 12 there and went to Australia about 2 years ago. I did the HSC in TAFE the first 3 months of 2006 but it's not for me,there was no competition, the class was really small (about 10-15 people in the preliminary on the first 3 month and after that they were gone and just 3-4 came up to the class), and was worried about the scaling thing. I'd like to go to Uni because "muscle work" is not for me.
I live here by my self (all of my family in overseas) and I don't have much money to go to foundation or another pathways to go to University
So I went to year 11 last 2 week. I'm doing ESL, Math 2 U,Ext 1 Math,Chemistry,Physic,IPT, and English Fundamental (will finish on the end of year 11)

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum because I'm year 11 student but I think I'm asking about the HSC so I posted here.
I'd like to ask about my chance to gain the high UAI (>95).
Are my age,my school (public school with 15 90'ish and the highest UAI was 98.65),my English subject which is ESL a disadvantages for me to gain >95 UAI?
My advantage is that I've done it before with a above average result in overseas. I've read some of my subject's book (even year 12 book) and I think I can cope with that.

Sorry for my English :)

Ooh welcome :) Feel free to post here...also try the ESL forum for scaling I think.
I don't think that ESL is a disadvantage, well from what i've read on the forums there. Your age, your school aren't major factors in determining your UAI. The product of hard consistent work is.

GOOD LUCK :)

sasquatch

HSC
I remember during year 10, our school gave us a presentation on all the HSC english subjects. They had a chart which showed the highest UAI gained from students with ESL english, and on the chart it was 100. So you can definately get 95+.

lala2

Banned
HSC
^Yep, a guy from 2003 HSC got UAI of 100 with ESL, so most definitely possible. Good luck, and welcome! your English is very commendable considering you have only been here for 2 years, and if you think you're capable, you are, so keep going!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)