• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assessment help please? Parenting and Caring! (1 Viewer)

roci

HSC
Well, In a week I've got an assessment task (in school) essay to do and the teacher's allowing notes (limited amount) to work on, as well as a bibliography and research notes etc.
What troubled me was the questions, I've done most of them, but I wasn't 100% sure about how to use them.
i.e.

• What influences the role expectations of males and females?

• How are these expectations changing?

Criteria:

• Discusses in a clear andf logical manner a wide range of factors influencing society's role expectations of males and females.

• Evaluates the degree to which these factors have influence the in difference circumstances.
Any suggestions and/or help anyone??
When essay is done, i should support it with examples and such. But I'm out of ideas on what examples should be used??
I'd appreciate your help guys :)

Tishena

HSC
Not sure if this will help or not but just a brief outline of points i would consider, and how i interpret the question.

If this were me i'd talk about:
* Females
- Housewife
- cooks
- cleans
- wears feminine colours eg. pink,purple (babies dressed by colour when young to tell what sex they are)
- Toys, boys have trucks girls have dolls etc

*Males
- Mows the lawn
- Takes out the garbage
- Goes to work
- Wears pants, boots, darker colours etc
- Generally has short hair
- Likes musculine activities eg, cars, boats, football etc
Compared to females shopping, dinner parties, luncheons with the girls etc.

VERY STEREOTYPICAL YES.
the children see this and their behaviour is reflective of their parents.
Eg - girls helping in the kitchen, making cakes etc
- boys plying football with their dad, helping mow lawn etc

Then relate back to the second part.
These roles are changing as:
- single mums/dads playing both roles
- increased acceptance of "gay" appearances
- gender neutral toys
- womens rights, can work and have children etc
- fashion/media changing continuously where acceptance of doing both female and male roles is acepted. eg, men wearing pink, females wearing pants (typical unflattering clothing, menswear)
- Careers are becoming more availkable to both sexes eg. Male nurses, female tradesmen

shell.q

HSC
the one above has it set out pretty well as to how to talk about it.

society has the biggest influence and own experaince as to how they were brought up. but it is slowly changing. i think main thing you would need is just to go through excel guide and look at parenting styles and influence, we actually got some good newspaper artcile the other day and i just said how experiance would inlfuence, the pressures are much larger now.

first as above has done, mention the roles taken by each parent, and define. then go into how these roles are being influence, such as females now have a equal opportunites in the work force, convincing father to stay at home. single parents, gays etc as mentioned above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)