assessment marks (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
just say im ranked 4th in a subject, i get the highest hsc exam mark of 95.
the 4th highest hsc mark was 60%

being ranked 4th, do i get the 4th highest hsc mark (60%) as my assesment mark, and keep my exam mark of 95?????

if so, thats not really fair is it

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Your moderated assessment mark won't be exactly equal to the fourth highest exam mark, but if the relative differences between students are roughly the same as they were for your internal assessments, it should be similar.

See this thread for further details.

Yes, it is fair.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, if it was unfair it would have been changed long ago, this new HSC has been running for a while now.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
If it was not like that then people could bludge the whole HSC and then just kill the exam

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
they still can!!
lazarus's jargon kills us all, thats why we love him.

*hsc exam makes your uai

*hsc mark ("NOT UAI") is made of hsc exam and school mark

*if someone comes 1st and someone comes 2nd in school mark and then its the other way around for hsc exam...the person with the higher school mark gets the highest hsc mark "NOT UAI"

SCALING DOESNT MEAN NOTHING

"you do good in subjects you enjoy
you enjoy subjects you do good in"

so choose a subject you like or know you will do good in...if you did bad in assesments you get bad hsc mark but goood UAI :D :D

(woww i summarised essays that people wrote and it makes sense YaY)

(this should be editted and used for explaining hsc and then additional answers can be answered specifically)

luckyduck

hey outs curiousity!,, if like one subject you get been getting 46% for all my assessments rights.. thats mean a band 1 doesnt it??....

wel.. if i happen to get like 80% in the actual HSC? does that mean i still get band 1??

or waht happens?

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
sam04u said:
*hsc exam makes your uai

*hsc mark ("NOT UAI") is made of hsc exam and school mark
I don't know where this came from... if you're saying that your assessment marks aren't used in UAI calculations, that's not at all right.

See <a href="/other/flowchart.pdf" target="_blank">this flowchart</a> for clarification.

luckyduck said:
hey outs curiousity!,, if like one subject you get been getting 46% for all my assessments rights.. thats mean a band 1 doesnt it??....
No. Your raw school assessment mark means next to nothing. It certainly doesn't correspond to the performance bands in any way. (This is why the whole 'moderating' and 'aligning' processes are done.) The important factors are your rank and the relative differences between you and the other students.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Ive seen the flow chart...and also the raw data which you used to compile it *Library :p*
my engineering studies teacher is an (ex-uac board assistant) so he was one of the closest people to the *table* where everything gets done by the 5 bald men.

and he said uai has nothing to do with school assesments.

i guess that would clarify things when they say 1 test. (Uac)

Lorie

HSC
ok, here's my situation. I'm ranked first in IPT, (and even though they aren't allowed to tell me) believe my school mark is over 90%. However, my class isn't that strong and most of them won't perform that well in the HSC.

Can i still maintain a high mark even though the rest of the class will perform poorly, and what kind of mark would i do for a band 6?

qaz

HSC
yes definately. it really doesn't matter what your school gave you as an assessment mark since you are coming first. so provided you get an hsc mark of 90 or above you will get a band 6 as your school assessment mark will be aligned to your hsc one. but i have no idea of what sort of raw mark in the hsc exam you will need to get an hsc scaled mark of 90 or above.

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
g'day i worked out my assessment mark is 81 for maths and the highest is like 85... is there any chance of me getting a band six..

Lorie

HSC
qaz said:
yes definately. it really doesn't matter what your school gave you as an assessment mark since you are coming first. so provided you get an hsc mark of 90 or above you will get a band 6 as your school assessment mark will be aligned to your hsc one. but i have no idea of what sort of raw mark in the hsc exam you will need to get an hsc scaled mark of 90 or above.
thanks alot for that Qaz.
does anyone know what kind of raw mark i would need??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)