assessments are a complete utter bitch (1 Viewer)

in a far far away galaxy.... !splat!....hmmm i don
i have had so far a not so bad week of assessments and i've still got a couple to go. so far i've had english adv. and 2-unit maths. i'm calling for a retest . why because one our stupid kick arse teacher set an exam that was :
1. too hard- so what if it'll make me scale better than the rest of the state. what about my confidence in the meanwhile
2. had too many mistakes- there is something called proofreading!!!
3. had 3-unit elements- hello this is a 2 unit exam and finally
4. not all outcomes were or evenly tested.

:argue:

so to any of the teachers who choose to read this site keep my points in mind. to anyone else well make ur opinions heard. oh and btw should i consider appealing?

gimme gimme gimme chocolate!!!!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Don't worry about your marks worry about your rank!! If everyone is in the same boat it doesn't really matter!!!

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by YEAR12
If everyone is in the same boat it doesn't really matter!!!
well, there would be the 3u students doing the same exam and will be at an advantage if 3u material is being tested ... its slack ...

losty

well firstly what do you define as too hard? all assessments can be hard and they cant re do it just because of that..... u look for ur rank and not your mark for your confidence... if u come near the top it doesnt matter what your mark was... thirdly they dont HAVE to test all outcomes nor do they have to test them equally... they have certain criteria that have to be tested and its spread over all assessments during the year

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
by 3 unit elements do u mean, it had questions that required skills u weren't taught, or that there were hard questions?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It gets worse at uni, believe me - in terms of pressure doing assessments and stupidity in exam setting

Here's something retarded: In my mid-semester exam for Microeconomics (30%), there are 20 m/c questions, and the brain dead lecturer manages to have 2 questions EXACTLY the same

thanks for replying!!

hey there people
here are my replies
by 3 unit elements do u mean, it had questions that required skills u weren't taught, or that there were hard questions?
- Toodulu

QUOTE]

sorry for the confusion.well by 3 unit elements i meant skills that my class wearn't taught but what were expected to be known of by 3 unit peops.

I just had 3 assessments in 2 days : 4U eng/2U eng and economics.

-muldersgun
u have my sympathies. nice (hmm not so nice) to know there are people worse off than me

:(

well firstly what do you define as too hard? all assessments can be hard and they cant re do it just because of that.....

-losty
a very valid point. looking back at what i wrote i sound like a little kid. i was conplaining because i got one of those success one guides with past HSC papers and comparing what questions i got in my exam to the HSC ones well they were pretty difficult. i guess doing harder questions will make one come out doing better in the end.

and finally i yes i have been told that really should look at my rank. but its just that 50 % is your school mark and mine is around the 35-40% and i think it'd probably be scale up to 50% so you see that's why i'm worried. and you could probably tell from my mark, my rank won't be spectacular. hopefully i'll hitch a ride on peops at school when they do scaling cause they scale the groupusually rather than the individual.:uhoh: :angel:

finally they put up the hsc timetable and all my exams are in the morning and btw the link's below :p
[url]http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/2003_advance_hsc_ttable.pdf[/url][/URL]

Last edited:

pri

HSC
N/A
as a 3 u person who sat that particular maths exam I have to say it was a bitch of an exam, and the fact that they stopped us 4 TIMES DURING the tests with mistakes that SHOULD have been checked, was frustrating. one of the mistakes cost most people 10 minutes of wasted working out, and in a test every minute counts.

the funny part is that now my 3 u marks (and poss. ranks as well) are better than my 2 u unit marks. GRRR!!!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by pri
and the fact that they stopped us 4 TIMES DURING the tests with mistakes that SHOULD have been checked, was frustrating.
that's really annoying.. even though they say that we're all on the same boat, different ppl react to those things differently. it's really hard for me to get back to the exam after losing concentration.

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have some fabulous new! thanx to people like pri who actually complained ( i didn't get around to it) we are having a re test in wk 10 ! the grade voted with most of the people voting not to do a retest being from 3 unit ( ta to pri for being a 3 unit-er and supporting the 2 unit cause).

:cool: :santa: :hammer: :wave:
:spaceshp:
:headbang: :disco: :guitar: :uhhuh:
so in celebration hope u enjory the bored of studies fab range of smileys!

pri

HSC
N/A
WTF! retest? i didnt hear of this!!!
god dangit, I wouldve just made the trials worth more...
I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)