• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assignment Help (1 Viewer)

cutiepie89576

HSC
I need URGENT help on answering this essay question due this week. ANY help is appreciated!!!!!!!!
How effectively have THREE speakers you have studied shaped their content to suit the context and their audience?
- the speeches i have studies are:
Paul Keating, Gettysburg Address and Vaclav Havel

P

pLuvia

What help do you need?

Just analyze what they say taking into account their jargon, tone, hand gestures etc. And obviously relate how these features are linked to the topic of argument

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
cutiepie89576, Welcome to the BOS forums. :)

pLuvia said:
What help do you need?

Just analyze what they say taking into account their jargon, tone, hand gestures etc. And obviously relate how these features are linked to the topic of argument
i dont think u can comment on the hand gestures, pLuvia.

However, acknowledging pLuvia, tone is very important. most of the commemorative speeches employs a sombre, reflective tone. it helps tap into the psyche of the audience.

also very helpful is the language used. for example, in lincoln's speech, although it is short, is very non-prosaic. very elevated and sophisticated language to empower and embody the immense sacrifice the soldiers have given for the war, and highlights the immensity of the job still done to restore peace.

with answering this question, it is good to outline WHAT the context and audience was, and show how the content, or the methods employed to present the content was appropriate at the time.

using lincoln's example again, it is useless to be boastful and jubilant about the glories of war and urge the people onwards in THIS KIND of patriotic fervor. rather, lincoln turned down the volume, very sombre and reflective, to pay homage to the great sacrifices, AND ALSO to lower himself from the president, to the ordinary citizen listening to his short but sweet speech.

also, i strongly suggest that you dont do 3 speeches of the same style and type. havel, keating and lincoln are all COMMEMORATIVE. choose one of a feminist, or a racist, or an idealist to give more variety to your essay response, and therefore, increase your chances for extra marks.

GOOD LUCK WITH UR ESSAY THIS WEEK Cutiepie89576!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)