• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

assignment questions (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Hey I was gonna add to my assignment thread that I made before but I couldnt find it so Ill ask here.

Are we allowed to put pictures on our assignments

is there like a set wat to do it .. like u have to do it all text black and white, no colour, no borders etc etc....?

Its a silly question I know... but I have no Idea... sorry :(

Jacks

HSC
I'm not really sure about putting pictures in assignments. Generally you only include them if they demonstrate something in your assignment such as a diagram or graph etc. Uni lecturers and tutors from my experience aren't all that interested in pictures put there for the sake of it. The only real advice I can give you is that if you take the picture/graph etc from a source is that you reference that source under the picture. Though all the correct ways to reference stuff like this will be explained to you...or you can pick up a reference guide from the campus coop that will tell you how to set out and reference a wide variety of different things to do with assignments. :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The uni assignment format is generally set out for you (eg, size 12 times new roman font, double spacing, 2.5cm margins, no borders, etc), and you only put a picture in if its relevant to the assignment (eg, graphs of results from experiments or something)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can put pictures in if they are relevant to the assignment - but hehe, pictures is so kindagarten ... they like the word diagram. But only put diagrams in reports, not essays. And make sure that you reference the diagram as well. reference, reference and reference. No one can stress enough how much you have to reference.

Also for text you must do it in black and white otherwise they get shitty, oh i can't read this colour, blah blah blah. They really do sound like a broken record at uni sometimes. They really don't expect anything fancy like in highschool, just the basic word document. Afterall, they aren't going to give you extra marks for little pretty borders, lol.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yeah, a lot of the time, making it look pretty can only get in the way of them trying to mark it, which pisses them off, which in a roundabout way leads to lower marks.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Basically all you need to do for an assignment, depending on whether its report or essay format is a word document, with a title and cover page (depends really what your uni prefers) a contents page (if its a report), the actual word document and the billions of pages afterwards for referencing. You don't even need a fancy way to bind it, just a staple in the corner.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
that would have made sense... its uni not highschool so y would they want borders and pictures that are not relevant to the assignment?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I didnt mean pictures not relvant I meant pictures in general....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes you can put pictures in, sometimes it often helps convey the message which you are trying to give. But remember only in reports.

Lol, it minded me of an assignment i had to do when i had to draw a rainforest. Lol, it had to be scaled, coloured in perfectly and then i got yelled at cause it didn't have birds flying in the sky and it didn't have a river ... even though it was raining ... lol. stupid lecturer.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Cape said:
Yes you can put pictures in, sometimes it often helps convey the message which you are trying to give. But remember only in reports.

Lol, it minded me of an assignment i had to do when i had to draw a rainforest. Lol, it had to be scaled, coloured in perfectly and then i got yelled at cause it didn't have birds flying in the sky and it didn't have a river ... even though it was raining ... lol. stupid lecturer.
lol
hahahaha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)