• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assignment Qustion Advice (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

Hello there

I have an assignment at the moment and part c reads:

Identify which development of employment relations or human resource managemnt you beleive has had the most significant impact on peoples work lives in Australia. Provide an overview of the origin of this issue and subsequent introduction into the workplace. Provide Reasons to support your choice as to why you beleive it is significant.

I am having trouble finding a suitable issue that is relevant. If anyone knows of a good idea id be very thankful.

Also the first part of the assignment involves just collecting newpaper articles that deal with employment realtions issues. Any ideas on that would be helpful too.

Thanks

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
http://www.nsw.gov.au/Employment.asp

there are a few lists of issues u can talk abt.. click on the links.. and u can find the reelevant site.. often they will have cases/updates/publications on the sites.. hence u can find specific information fromt those links...

some good issues to talk abt that are current:
- sexual harrasement > toilets with spy cams etc
- discrimination/unfair dismissal > rejecting soemone due to their sex/weight/ethnicity etc
- occupational health and safety

allstarr69

thanks truly in bliss. I shall follow up on your advice

However I am still really stuck on part c. All i need is an idea and i can get started right away but its hard to think of a good one. What do you think would be a good issue to choose for part c - "Identify a Development of employment realtions or human resource management that has had a SIGNIFICANT impact on peoples work lives in Australia"
Thanks

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i think privacy is the best one to talk abt...... its intersting and has copious amt of articles/journals/newspaper articles abt it...

u can talk abt how management has to obey its laws by protecting pplz's privacy eg: cant read pplz email, disclosure of private confidential information, cant invade in pplz's private businesses eg: spy cams in toielts is a no no (and there are a few newspaper articles on that)

hence by protecting pplz rpivacy, employees are udner a better working environment.

if u dont liek that topic, you can always talk abt the development of awards etc, but thatz just boring and there aint mani recent issues abt it...

do have a look at the link i posted... that has all the issues relating to employment realtions.... some of them talk abt the acutal laws of particular issue and also mentions what actions management must take in order to protect its employees....

aniwayz i am off, if you have ani questions, post it here, i will be online around dinner time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)