assignments, work, other stuff (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
do they teach you how to do uni assignments? if not, im screwed...
like, even the presentation of them...do you shove them into display folders or just staple the pages together or what
and do you have to put it on the tutors/lecs desk and sign a bit of paper like for the hsc?

basically, whats the procedure?

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
They tell you how to hand them in.
Most faculties will have a slightly different proceedure. Usually they like you to just staple it together with an assignment cover sheet on front, and just hand it by itself like that. That way they aren't "slowed down" by plastic sleeves. (personally I don't see what the big deal is about them taking your assignment out of a single plastic sleeve, but some lecturers are very firm about this!)
Others are much more laid back and will let you present them basically however you please so long as it includes everything it needs to.
You will submit most assignments by just putting it in the lecturers assignment box by a certain time. Sometimes they ask you to submit assignments over the net instead, because they are easy to mark that way, but most are jsut handed in.

The hardest bit about assignments is trying to get them back...if the lecturer is actually willing to hand it back (in my experience most aren't!) you have to fully chase them around campus cos they aren't allowed to just leave them outside their door or whatever in case someone steals other peoples assignments.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
don't be worried about the format of the assignments. most lecturers will tell you how they want you present your work, so follow their instructions cuz you can lose marks if you don't!!

but in the case that they don't tell you, you can always ask your tutor, thats what they are there for. most tutors, if not all, are very friendly and will help you with anything you need help with.

as butterfly wings already said, most assignments just require a stapled cover sheet and placed in a box at the faculty office or you hand it in to your tutor. with some classes, you are given a receipt just incase they lose your assignment and you can prove to them you handed it in. oh that reminds me, always photocopy your assignments (if possible) just incase they do lose it.

as for getting back your assignments, the tutor normally does that with feedback on how you went and any tips you need for next time. but its different with exams whereby all you get is just the result with no feedback on what you need to work on.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
plastic sleeves tend to piss lecturers off big time. lecturers usually tell you the desired presentation format for assignments

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh, and whats a coversheet, is that like a titlepage?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
yeah- with all required details like student name, student number, assignment tittle, topic number etc.... does vary from uni to uni though.

As all the others have said, you will be told what to do and just follow their instructions. Ask your tutors (if you are lucky enough to have them). If you don't, then ask the lecturer or students in the year above you!

Dont stress about it. My personal opinion. The HSC is much harder than Uni when it comes to assignments etc as you have a little more freedom and latitude. (contents abit more difficult though but Im guessing you are only talking about 1st year)
Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)