• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Assignmnets "IN YOUR OWN WORDS!!!!!" lecturers remarks (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
my teacher has gave us our first assignment and this is is the first ques

What is a virus???

she has told us to either put it in your own words or highlight it and write a small bibliography on where u got your info???

i dunno wat to do now this wat i got on a website wepopedia???

can some one tell me how to put this into own words or put bibliography?????

A program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. Viruses can also replicate themselves. All computer viruses are manmade. A simple virus that can make a copy of itself over and over again is relatively easy to produce. Even such a simple virus is dangerous because it will quickly use all available memory and bring the system to a halt. An even more dangerous type of virus is one capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypassing security systems.

roger321

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
Ha, where the hell did you get that idea from. Obviousloy you have not read many journal articles.
sif journal articles quote large slabs of text u gronk.
yes they do a) take ideas from other sources b)quote phrases or atmost a sentence from a reference, but i serious doubt any academic author will quote a big motherfucken slab of text

Generator

HSC
N/A
roger321 said:
sif journal articles quote large slabs of text u gronk.
yes they do a) take ideas from other sources b)quote phrases or atmost a sentence from a reference, but i serious doubt any academic author will quote a big motherfucken slab of text
I would suggest that you try reading beyond your current comfort zone... Large slabs may not be the norm, but they are more than valid if the quote is regarded as being necessary (i.e., a definitive concept, a section that would lose its flavour if paraphrased, etc.).

Of course, what some people regard as large may well be small in your eyes.

Chang

HSC
If i were you i would get 3-4 sources for the question and simply integrate all the information together so it orignal work and also since you have 3-4 sources your answer is likly to be very detailed.

HerO

Banned
69 Penis Avenue, Dickton Pussyville 6969.
HSC
th said:
my teacher has gave us our first assignment and this is is the first ques

What is a virus???

she has told us to either put it in your own words or highlight it and write a small bibliography on where u got your info???

i dunno wat to do now this wat i got on a website wepopedia???

can some one tell me how to put this into own words or put bibliography?????

A program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. Viruses can also replicate themselves. All computer viruses are manmade. A simple virus that can make a copy of itself over and over again is relatively easy to produce. Even such a simple virus is dangerous because it will quickly use all available memory and bring the system to a halt. An even more dangerous type of virus is one capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypassing security systems.
Don't worry, juz copy and paste the whole damn thing and present it as ur own work, whos 2 argue that u didn't have the brains 2 think all of that up urself. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)