Assumed Knowledge Assignments (1 Viewer)

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
I was wondering if anyone else in year 10 has got year 11 assumed knowledge assignments for their subjects. Anyone in starting year12 now can post as well.
It's just i haven't even started year 11 yet and i'm all ready boged down with assignments for Physics, chemistry, biology, maths 2-unit, advanced english, and engineering studies. Not that they're extreemly difficult, but can i expect many more next year, how many, different subjects. Thanks.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
My one's aren't assumed knowledge but I've started year 11 for rollover and I've got a major Biology assignment for an entire core unit (-_-") and a topic for ext 1 maths. Teachers must think we're superheroes or something.
What's your Bio one about? Man, my teacher goes if we don't finish it we can't go on to year 12 and she said it as if it were the most normal thing in the world *is scared*

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Jeez, you guys get started early. I didn't get any Year 11 work till I strolled into school at the start of the year...

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I didn't get that many assignements, instead I had alot of in-class assessments, which I didn't really mind, I've done plenty of assignments in the past and the assessments were good preparation for term 4 of year 12 this year. The most assignments you should get per subject is 1 every term, no more, sometimes a assessment instead of an assignment, like I did for most subjects.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Combination of assessments and assignments when it wasn't one it was the other. Then you can get pop quizes their always fun. Mostly I would say 2 assessments\assignments a term per class but it dpends on how big they are and their weighting.

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
m0ofin said:
My one's aren't assumed knowledge but I've started year 11 for rollover and I've got a major Biology assignment for an entire core unit (-_-") and a topic for ext 1 maths. Teachers must think we're superheroes or something.
What's your Bio one about? Man, my teacher goes if we don't finish it we can't go on to year 12 and she said it as if it were the most normal thing in the world *is scared*
Well just looking at it at a glance it's about 20 questions in length and contains cell division, DNA, environments,habitats, communities, ecosystems, food webs, aboitic, and biotis features. Fossils, Evolution and natural seclection, continental drift, and plate tectonics. And two experiments.

If you think thats alot then you should see chemisty and Physiscs, aprox same length, but it a different area of science.

King2

HSC
lol man you guys start way too early compared to our school. We are starting these subjects next year. We got a head start on 3 uni maths though, I finished the first two topics =)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Jono_2007 said:
Well just looking at it at a glance it's about 20 questions in length and contains cell division, DNA, environments,habitats, communities, ecosystems, food webs, aboitic, and biotis features. Fossils, Evolution and natural seclection, continental drift, and plate tectonics. And two experiments.

If you think thats alot then you should see chemisty and Physiscs, aprox same length, but it a different area of science.
Dude, nothing compared to what we've got. (Brace yourself for an impending shock, lol, maybe not). 13 worksheets on the the 4th core topic to finish in a term and a half. 3 questions plus an experiment already takes 2 1/2 pages (with my med-sized writing) and each worksheet has an average of 9-12 questions and an experiment. o_O! I sound so much like a nerd ^^* ahaha. I hope we both finish on time.

My Chem teacher doesn't believe in assignments. Yay! He shifts the blame on Google. Yay!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
SoulSearcher said:
at my school we dont get anything to do during the holidays unless we are in the accelerated maths class

otherwise, we dont do anything until the day we walk into the year 11 classrooms
Yes, that was the case at my school too, and im sure for the overwhellming majority of people. I can see the merits of doing such a thing in the year 11 -> year 12 transition (i.e holiday after term 3) to get a head start on the year that counts, but i dont see the point doing it for Year 11.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
As Rafy said there is no need for year 11 students to begin worrying about workload or studying these holidays you will have 2 full years of that just relax enjoy these summer holidays cause the next ones you will surely want to use to their full potential. Of course if you are an accelerated students don't relax to much and keep up with you work.

Nobody should of started work in the classroom from the year 11 syllabus and therefore shouldn't need to complete any homework.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Jono_2007 said:
I have had an orentation to the senior campus, and was introduced to each subject. And now i have homework assignments!
When I had orientation to the senior campus we were just shown around the school and told about what to expect in each of our subjects no homework assignments unless this is work to get you prepared and something that doesn't count.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well then they would be testing what you know before the subject begins to find out how much you do and don’t know and how long to spend on different course outcomes. Good Luck with that, Jono_2007.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
wow you guys start early. so that means you'd know some stuff you're doing in yr11? but that's a head start! least you'd know what you've gotta do in the year ahead (haha i sound like a nerd :S)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)