Assumed Knowledge - Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
in the UNI books which have all the courses for all the UNIs. it says Assumed Knowledge - Mathematics.

i'm guessing they mean 2unit maths. not general maths ? cause i'm doing general maths at the moment.

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Anthrax said:
in the UNI books which have all the courses for all the UNIs. it says Assumed Knowledge - Mathematics.

i'm guessing they mean 2unit maths. not general maths ? cause i'm doing general maths at the moment.
Yeah, but hey, I'm sure you can do some remedial course to get your skill level up to 2U maths if there is a course you really want to do that has 2U as assumed knowledge :)

USyd has a maths learning centre thingy that I'm sure can help.

Adam

HSC
It doesn't matter too much about assumed knowledge and the like. If you work consistently over the semester it means nothing.

I did 2U in a 3U assumed course, failed a couple of subjects due to being lazy. But you learn quickly.

mishka

HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure if it says "prerequisite" that's where you absolutely must do the course stated (either at school or through a bridging course of some sort). I think assumed knowledge is just a guide for you. Recommended studies is something similar ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think "prerequisites" have been removed from entry criteria for most uni degrees at least

nwatts

HSC
Minai said:
I think "prerequisites" have been removed from entry criteria for most uni degrees at least
I do believe that the prerequisite of 2 unit mathematics is the only one left.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
uts has a free maths bridging course for the beginning and during the second semester, plus a maths centre that's always available.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
It really depends on the branch of mathematics you'll be learning. For something like statistics you can probably get away with not having done any maths at all before uni, but if its something like calculus is involved you'd need to catch up somehow, whether that means taking a bridging course or if theres a beginners maths unit that the unit offers.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
thanks for the info.

if it is assumed knowledge for Advanced English, and i'm doing standard.

i really cant see how i would need to do a bridging course for that? or should i consider it ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)