Assumed Knowledge (1 Viewer)

Shenanigan

HSC
Hello everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb question but for many courses in UNSW it states the assumed knowledge for the courses.
For example for computer science you need a atar of 91 and its assumed knowledge is mathematics extension 1 and physics, if you are studying general maths will you be allowed to study that course?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone! Sorry if this is a dumb question but for many courses in UNSW it states the assumed knowledge for the courses.
For example for computer science you need a atar of 91 and its assumed knowledge is mathematics extension 1 and physics, if you are studying general maths what will happen?

Thanks.
There are no formal prerequisites for Computer Science at UNSW, however the assumed knowledge is Extension 1 Mathematics.

Having that said, if you're coming in from a background of General Maths only, you will struggle with the content. In 1st year, you will cover MATH1131 which is essentially a revision of MX1 + MX2. The corresponding courses include MATH1081 + MATH1231 - which follows on from Computer Science.

I would suggest maybe studying a bit of 2U maths (Calculus: Differentiation and Integration) as a hobby during your free time before you intend to study CompSc at UNSW, because it will help a bit.

Shenanigan

HSC
Sorry my bad. Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)