At the end of 'Hound', who kills whom? (1 Viewer)

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
This is a question regarding the text "The Real Inspector Hound" by Tom Stoppard.

I understand that Magnus/The 'Real' Inspector Hound/Puckeridge/Albert shoots Moon/Simon at the end of the play, but my teacher gave us an odd table to fill out. (Attached below as a pdf).

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: The second file is the completed table. I hope this gives some of the other students some insight.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
puckeridge is the only real killer.

but perhaps you can say that magnus killed birdboot (as at this point you didnt know any of magnus' other identities)

puckeridge killed moon id say

although that is a pretty wierd sheet to fill out

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
I am beginning to think it is just an exercise to decipher why each alias of Magnus (as explained above) wanted to kill the victim/s.

Last edited:

LordPc

HSC
nah, never got that sheet

that would make sense. puckeridge wants to be the head critic. magnus doenst want to lose cynthia (or was it the other girl? I could never remember)

but that still seems to be a bit weird as inspector hound and magnus dont really want to kill anyone.

I would even argue that puckeridge, and only puckerigde, really wants to see anyone dead

LordPc

HSC
nah, stoppard is cool. this is about the only english text ive ever enjoyed. there's only ever been one other, and that was only mildly ok

did u just read the play? cause it is much better in performance.

icecoffee

HSC
Our class had a huge discussion about who killed whom - i don't even think we got round to everyone before we got sidetracked.

Stoppard is pretty cool. I really enjoyed this text and our class also went to see the play at the riverside theatre which was EXCELLENT! Ros and Guil are Dead was ... confusing. Not bad though!

astroe

HSC
Are there any current productions of it? LOL.
I want to go watch just to understand it better.

It was so badly done in class, well as in nothing stuck to me.
Didn't help when the male-40 something year old teacher was talking in falsetto when in-character as maid. =="

LordPc

HSC
Are there any current productions of it? LOL.
I want to go watch just to understand it better.

It was so badly done in class, well as in nothing stuck to me.
Didn't help when the male-40 something year old teacher was talking in falsetto when in-character as maid. =="
lol.

you should be able to go and so some sort of production somewhere. there are usually plays put on around the place that correspond to hsc texts. its much better in performance, much easier to recall too

astroe

HSC
lol.

you should be able to go and so some sort of production somewhere. there are usually plays put on around the place that correspond to hsc texts. its much better in performance, much easier to recall too
Yeah, thats why I'm asking you guys if any of you knew any productions on now and where it is, how much, whatever LOL.

I don't go to the theatre unless its an excursion so like.. what, is there some kind of website I go look up? Greaterunion.com.au-esque? :uhoh:

LordPc

HSC
do a google, there should be something. i went to one in some theatre, then later on I went and saw king lear at newtown, and they were also showing a hound production. there should be something about. I saw it early on in the year though so the season may have passed already...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Lol, clark i'm tripping over this as well. Would be so much easier if we could actually 'see' it. :S

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
nah, stoppard is cool. this is about the only english text ive ever enjoyed. there's only ever been one other, and that was only mildly ok

did u just read the play? cause it is much better in performance.
Yeah I agree with you, I was just frustrated by the table lol. We acted it out in class and I only wish we could see a performance.

stephles

HSC
Our class had a huge discussion about who killed whom - i don't even think we got round to everyone before we got sidetracked.

Stoppard is pretty cool. I really enjoyed this text and our class also went to see the play at the riverside theatre which was EXCELLENT! Ros and Guil are Dead was ... confusing. Not bad though!
when did you see it?????? our class of 3 want to see it... i really enjoyed it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)