ATAR 2026 (1 Viewer)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hello!
I am currently in year 9 embarking on my HSC studies for 3U Maths and have read articles saying that HSC Maths will be compulsory in the 2026 graduating year. While I'm going to be taking Maths anyway, will this in any way affect how Maths is factored into my ATAR like how English is? Will Math Advanced be required, making the ATAR Best 6 units + 4 (Math + English) or stay as Best 8 units + 2 English.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Not sure, but I'd assume if it's mandatory they would count it in the same way as english like you said. If you're doing accelerated 3U I'd assume you're going to get a very high mark for it so don't worry too much, just do your best and it'll work out.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i would say 2 units of math would have to count for you, but you can always redo if you're not happy this time

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Not sure, but I'd assume if it's mandatory they would count it in the same way as english like you said. If you're doing accelerated 3U I'd assume you're going to get a very high mark for it so don't worry too much, just do your best and it'll work out.
i'm doin bad at math tho, mid 90 for adv, mid 80 for 3u

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i would say 2 units of math would have to count for you, but you can always redo if you're not happy this time
ik probably 4 units are gonna count but which 4 units is what i'm wondering. like 2u adv + 1 ext 1 + 1 ext 2 or 2 ext 1 + 2 ext 2

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hello!
I am currently in year 9 embarking on my HSC studies for 3U Maths and have read articles saying that HSC Maths will be compulsory in the 2026 graduating year. While I'm going to be taking Maths anyway, will this in any way affect how Maths is factored into my ATAR like how English is? Will Math Advanced be required, making the ATAR Best 6 units + 4 (Math + English) or stay as Best 8 units + 2 English.
Regardless you want Math to be one of your better two units, purely because it will likely scale better than everything else. But for now you really don't need to worry about all that - just go enjoy year 9 and life before hsc starts 😭

jc7726

HSC
ik probably 4 units are gonna count but which 4 units is what i'm wondering. like 2u adv + 1 ext 1 + 1 ext 2 or 2 ext 1 + 2 ext 2
If you do ext 2 I'm pretty sure it can only ever count as 2 ext 1 + 2 ext 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)