ATAR ESTIMATE FOR ANOTHER (1 Viewer)

ScuffedlineTV

HSC
Hi my girlfriend wants an atar estimate, she has a goal of 86% and wants to know if it is still achievable. and what marks she must get in hsc to achieve this atar.
School Rank last year: 49
subject approximate rank:
English Standard: 60/128
Math Adv: 95/132
Math Ext: 78/89
Physics: 38/38
Geography: 48/62
Textiles & Design: 5/11

As requested these were the stats from last year:
English standard: 15.4% got Band 5 or above, 0% got Band 6, out of 147 students
Maths Adv: 48.9% got Band 5 or above, 31.7% got Band 6, out of 142 students
Maths Ext 1: 73.4% got Band 5 or above, 47.1% got Band 6, out of 85 students
Physics: 41.3% got Band 5 or above, 12.3% got Band 6, out of 66 students
Geography: 41.9% got Band 5 or above, 10.7% got Band 6, out of 49 students
Textiles & Design: 52.4% got Band 5 or above, 30% got Band 6 or above, out of 10 students
Hope these stats helps with the estimation.

Thank you guys for the help once again. I have attached the raw marks below. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hi my girlfriend wants an atar estimate, she has a goal of 86% and wants to know if it is still achievable. and what marks she must get in hsc to achieve this atar.
School Rank last year: 49
subject approximate rank:
English Standard: 60/128
Math Adv: 95/132
Math Ext: 78/89
Physics: 38/38
Geography: 48/62
Textiles & Design: 5/11

Thank you guys for the help once again. I have attached the raw marks below. :)
how many b6s did your school get last year in those subjects? that'll give an approximation as well as to how she might go given her ranks

also @jimmysmith560 might want to answer this

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your girlfriend's performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR in the low to high 70's range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 73 and 78.

Textiles and Design seems to be her best-performing subject, meaning that it is likely to make a positive contribution to her ATAR. Because of this, thorough preparations for her Textiles and Design HSC exam would allow her to maintain this overall standard of performance through a favourable HSC exam mark.

The same can be suggested about her performance in Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. This means that it is possible that there are areas of improvement that she can address as she prepares for her Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1 HSC exams. Doing so is likely to assist her in performing at a higher standard that may be consistent with her specific ATAR goal.

English Standard and Geography are some of her lower-performing subjects. Based on this, she may wish to consider focusing more on her preparations for her English Standard and Geography HSC exams which, similar to Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension 1, should involve addressing any areas of improvement, allowing her to ultimately maximise her ATAR.

On the other hand, Physics appears to be her lowest-performing subject. This is an indication that she may need to prioritise her preparations for her Physics HSC exam, especially since at least 1 unit of Physics will count towards her ATAR. Consequently, she will hopefully minimise any negative impact on her ATAR from Physics.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)