• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Atar estimate please (1 Viewer)

marlow415

HSC
N/A
Hey guys just wondering if I could get an ATAR estimate on my ranks and internal marks. Also wondering if a Band 6 in chemistry is possible if I do well in the externals and if there is scaling on your internals or if my physics will remain at 78.

School rank is about 300.

Advanced english 4/42 (93%)
MX1 2/8 (84%)
MX2 2/3 (58%)
Chemistry 2/11 (Around 85%)
Physics 3/10 (78% ish)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Your raw internal mark WILL NOT correlate into your final internal mark, there is a process of moderation to produce the moderated internal mark. It could be a 50 or a 98, it's ascertained via collective class performance in the external exam, moderated (in your case because you're not first or last in anything) with accordance to relative gaps in the raw internal (i.e. the 78% one). You probably have no idea what I'm saying, so google "hsc moderation".

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
I get an estimate of 92/93... but very hard to estimate certain given your school, subjects and class sizes.

The marks your school has given you are irrelevant. Your school effectively submits ranks to the BOS. The total pool of external exam marks are then distributed according to those ranks. This is your moderated school assessment mark.

Your HSC mark is the average of this moderated assessment mark and the external exam marks. Your HSC mark is the only input for ATAR calc.

marlow415

HSC
N/A
Oh good! I only want 90+ so it's looking good I guess :)

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)