• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar estimate PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

HscAddict1111

HSC
Hello, it is currently a term before trials and here are my cumulative marks for everything.
IPT: 4/12 (89%)
Engineering studies 4/9 (83%)
Physics: (cooked) 26/34 (65%)
English 2u (cooked) 65% (middlish / 100)
Maths 2u 83% (top 15)/40

Am I cooked?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be a good idea to provide information such as the number of band 6's achieved at your school in each of your subjects and/or your school rank, as it can contribute to more accurate ATAR estimates.

Given this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the low 80s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 82 and 84.

Your position appears most favourable in Information Processes and Technology as well as Mathematics Advanced. This means that out of your subjects, these two subjects are likely to make the best contribution towards your ATAR. Because of this, you should do your utmost to maintain (and if possible, improve) your rank in each subject.

The same can be suggested, although to a lesser extent, regarding your performance in Engineering Studies. While your position in this subject does not appear unfavourable, there does seem to be room for improvement. As such, if you can improve your performance in this subject, it will likely make a greater contribution towards your ATAR, which consequently increases your chances of a higher ATAR.

On the other hand, English Advanced and Physics are your lowest-performing subjects, meaning that out of your subjects, the greatest improvement is required in these two subjects. At this stage, it would be reasonable to suggest that these two subjects may be preventing you from being on track with a higher ATAR. Based on this, any rank improvement in both subjects would be beneficial, bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

I hope this helps! :D

HscAddict1111

HSC
Hello, thanks for the reply!. Yeah for ipt we haven't gotten a b6 at all in the last 2 years and for maths advanced there has been like 14 band 6s last year. Do you think its possible for me to score for 90 atar? i feel hella unmotivated for physics and english. Our english cohort also averages around 65 as our teachers are considered harsh markers. As for my sch its 100-150th

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello, thanks for the reply!. Yeah for ipt we haven't gotten a b6 at all in the last 2 years and for maths advanced there has been like 14 band 6s last year. Do you think its possible for me to score for 90 atar? i feel hella unmotivated for physics and english. Our english cohort also averages around 65 as our teachers are considered harsh markers. As for my sch its 100-150th
No worries! Yes, an ATAR of 90 is still possible, as long as you perform well in your remaining assessment tasks as well as your trial exams, not to mention the fact that the HSC exam contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark in a subject on its own, giving you a great opportunity to make significant improvements that would maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)