ATAR estimate ploxxx (1 Viewer)

mangoz

HSC
Ruse are awesome kids, knowing a few myself (well probably a few might be a bit snobbish but i dont know). Also you baulkos seem to awfully slack off at libraries when i study there o_O

chubzy

HSC
I heard that Ruse has a totally different structure for Maths from year 7, and that they go beyond the time boundaries of the syllabus, which is apparently not allowed on normal circumstances, ie when you're not the top ranking school in the state - according to a teacher of mine when I asked why we couldn't work ahead in year 10 (then again she could've just said it to shut me up)

I know quite a few Ruse people and most of them are really awesome! Very nice and friendly and well-rounded as well!
But then again, I've met a couple of other people who were really elitist...but only a limited few...

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh gosh. How dumb are you?
I'm pretty sure that there is a person like that in each selective school. Ruse isn't the only one.
Not everyone at Ruse studies their asses off, they are ACTUALLY naturally smart. You've met ONE rusian... and that rusian just so happens to epitomize the stereotype.
These stereotypes are pathetic.
The school doesn't force anyone to study hard. Heck, there are quite a few students who fail to do their homework, and continuously wreck havoc upon the school.
Stop exaggerating- stop being a jealous kid.
lol there is no such thing as 'naturally' smart.. thats a load of bullshit or unless your really lucky... I would agree with thoth on this one, since ruse is the no.1 school in the state with heavy competition in the cohort, kids would automatically be forced upon themselves to study hardcore.

But again i agree with you on the part that some minorities wouldn't study also . I've heard this personally from a top student at ruse who graduated in 2010 and got state ranks, however the lowest atar last year was in the high 80's still a pretty descent mark.

Last edited:

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
Ruse are awesome kids, knowing a few myself (well probably a few might be a bit snobbish but i dont know). Also you baulkos seem to awfully slack off at libraries when i study there o_O
oh gosh, yeah we tend to slack off a lot LOLOL

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol there is no such thing as 'naturally' smart.. thats a load of bullshit or unless your really lucky... I would agree with thoth on this one, since ruse is the no.1 school in the state with heavy competition in the cohort, kids would automatically be forced upon themselves to study hardcore.

But again i agree with you on the part that some minorities wouldn't study also . I've heard this personally from a top student at ruse who graduated in 2010 and got state ranks, however the lowest atar last year was in the high 80's still a pretty descent mark.
Of course there is such a thing as naturally smart. Technically though there isn't - as we all start off knowing nothing, but for all intents and purposes - there is a naturally smart category which arises from the ability to understand concepts quickly and apply them in situations - which could be called smartness.

khfreakau

HSC
which library is this? it depends, i've seen occasions where TONS of work gets done, but a lot of the time people are slacking off. as i may or may not have explained before, this is what we refer to as "snaking".

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Of course there is such a thing as naturally smart. Technically though there isn't - as we all start off knowing nothing, but for all intents and purposes - there is a naturally smart category which arises from the ability to understand concepts quickly and apply them in situations - which could be called smartness.
True but those type of people who exist are very minimal, pretty sure the one's who get better results are more effort driven rather smartness. My point is top kids at schools like ruse are not naturally smart, THEY just invest a hell alot of time into their studies+ well organised and fully understand the mechanics of the hsc then normal public school kids like me.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
True but those type of people who exist are very minimal, pretty sure the one's who get better results are more effort driven rather smartness. My point is top kids at schools like ruse are not naturally smart, THEY just invest a hell alot of time into their studies+ well organised and fully understand the mechanics of the hsc then normal public school kids like me.
I'm quite sure they are naturally smart. IMO, getting very good in HSC (example) generally requires atleast some natural intellect. If you gave every student an IQ test in the state, I'm sure Ruse will end up being at or near the top. The natural intellect is then fused with hard work ethics and results in some crazy shit going on...LOL

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
dude, we did no work when we were outside the quiet area, but inside it was much better.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm quite sure they are naturally smart. IMO, getting very good in HSC (example) generally requires atleast some natural intellect. If you gave every student an IQ test in the state, I'm sure Ruse will end up being at or near the top. The natural intellect is then fused with hard work ethics and results in some crazy shit going on...LOL

LOL fine, its about 70% hard work ethics and 30% intellect..

nah most are kids who are forced by their parents to study study study since yr 7 (I remember some kid from school finished 4 unit topics in yr 10 and he got into ruse by the start of yr 11 lol), and the clear goal to be a doctor/lawyer or whatever professional occupation in this world.

I just know the naturally smart concept doesnt exist in my school XD, probably were not a top ranked school anyway. but the top kids are just effort driven :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
LOL fine, its about 70% hard work ethics and 30% intellect..

nah most are kids who are forced by their parents to study study study since yr 7 (I remember some kid from school finished 4 unit topics in yr 10 and he got into ruse by the start of yr 11 lol), and the clear goal to be a doctor/lawyer or whatever professional occupation in this world.

I just know the naturally smart concept doesnt exist in my school XD, probably were not a top ranked school anyway. but the top kids are just effort driven :)
I put zero effort into my School Certificate and ended up with a mark higher than most others.

If you don't want to believe natural intelligence exists, then fine. You can live that way - but you'll be wrong.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I put zero effort into my School Certificate and ended up with a mark higher than most others.

If you don't want to believe natural intelligence exists, then fine. You can live that way - but you'll be wrong.

Sorry, but you can't use the School Certificate as an example of comparing yourself to others hehe.. SC is too easy and a joke in my opinion thats why its abolished in 2012, what about the HSC?? I know you got a very good ATAR but you probs studied extremely hard compared to your cohort.

They do exist probably, but bare minimal. :)

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad

Sit an IQ test. Let us know when Mensa accepts you. But yeah, someone would have to be very ignorant to reject the existence of "natural intelligence". Your marks in the SC are (probably) higher than mine, so maybe you're naturally more intelligent than me?

Somewhat unrelated: Apparently you can get an award for the School Cert...a girl from St. Cath's got one from USyd for "outstanding performance". Yeah, I know, WTF?

michaeljennings

HSC
there are quite a few students who fail to do their homework, and continuously wreck havoc upon the school. .
Dude...msot people at baulkham hills dont do their homework...........it doesn't cause havoc to the school. So youre saying that cos someone doesnt do their maths homework they are gonna take off their clothes and jump around on the tables like a crazy monkey and go EEEE EEEEE EEEE!!!!

Calling all cops and autobots (Descartes) I hope that youre still there!

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Sorry, but you can't use the School Certificate as an example of comparing yourself to others hehe.. SC is too easy and a joke in my opinion thats why its abolished in 2012, what about the HSC?? I know you got a very good ATAR but you probs studied extremely hard compared to your cohort.

They do exist probably, but bare minimal. :)
Fine, let's do the HSC scenario. I did Maths Extension 2. However, just in case I dropped it - I had to do all my 2u maths assessments. But I was firmly doing MX2 so I put in absolutely zero effort in studying for those. I still ended up with marks higher than this girl in my class who put maximal effort, I believe she got a tutor and everything, and... yeah.

In the example above, the "intelligence" can be seen in the way I easily picked up those mathematical concepts and applied them. What is so difficult about garnering the concept that there are people who are going to be naturally better at academic work?

There are people who are natural sportspeople who have that sort of skill set, there are natural singers and talents like that - why does this suddenly stop at academics? Or can you just not face the fact that there are people who are more naturally intelligent than you and will get higher marks than you even if you put 100% effort and they put in 1%?

Sit an IQ test. Let us know when Mensa accepts you. But yeah, someone would have to be very ignorant to reject the existence of "natural intelligence". Your marks in the SC are (probably) higher than mine, so maybe you're naturally more intelligent than me?

Somewhat unrelated: Apparently you can get an award for the School Cert...a girl from St. Cath's got one from USyd for "outstanding performance". Yeah, I know, WTF?
I'd take an IQ test but they're pretty useless overall and I have to pay money <_<

And my SC marks were pretty low actually. High 80s. =P

michaeljennings

HSC
Baulkham Hills beat Girraween and James Ruse at the Tri-school Tournamant so Baulko>James Ruse at sport

Serenely

HSC
Dude...msot people at baulkham hills dont do their homework...........it doesn't cause havoc to the school. So youre saying that cos someone doesnt do their maths homework they are gonna take off their clothes and jump around on the tables like a crazy monkey and go EEEE EEEEE EEEE!!!!

Calling all cops and autobots (Descartes) I hope that youre still there!
uh what?
No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm talking about these students, not students in general.
Most students at Ruse don't do their homework properly until year 10, where it gets pretty serious. Sure, sure, there are a few that always manage to do their homework.
Believe what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)