ATAR estimate? (1 Viewer)

TeheeCat

HSC
Hi!

I know its important to work hard to achieve the best results you can, but i dont want to fall into the trap of aiming for an ATAR that's completely out of my reach. So, I'm curious to what ATAR range I'm currently at.

School rank: 350+

Subject | Rank | Band 6s in 2018

English Advanced: 12/48 | 0
2U Mathematics: 3/31 | 3
Mathematics Extension 1: 4/18 | 3
Business Studies: 5/51 | 2
Economics: 6/19 | 0
Physics: 5/27 | 0

Thank you so much!

thatace

HSC
What I'd do is put your final report marks into ATAR calculator (HSC NINJA ATAR CALC) and see from there what your ATAR might be.

TeheeCat

HSC
What I'd do is put your final report marks into ATAR calculator (HSC NINJA ATAR CALC) and see from there what your ATAR might be.
I had no idea HSCNinja even had an ATAR calculator, how accurate is it? I will check it out soon anyway.

Also, would it be better to put final cumulative marks or raw trial marks?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I had no idea HSCNinja even had an ATAR calculator, how accurate is it? I will check it out soon anyway.

Also, would it be better to put final cumulative marks or raw trial marks?
I would probably use trial marks. It's the idea that I used and it was quite good. However remember to take aligning and relative difficulty into account. Don't just input raw trial marks.

fernsqurrel

HSC
Ur probably looking at a range of 88-92 depending on how well ur cohort does. Improving in English will benefit you the most.

Hscbuzman

HSC
I take the view that you go to a rank 350 school and as such the internals are much easier then the HSC. So using this, ranks and previous band 6's I estimate you will get 82. With the following bands

English Advanced: 5
2U Mathematics: 6
Mathematics Extension 1: E3
Business Studies: 4
Economics: 4
Physics: 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)