MX2: 3/76
MX1: 1/123
CHEM: 2/98
PHYSICS: 4/59
ENG ADV: 30/137

School is around rank 30’s.

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Well I'm definitely not any ATAR expert (Year 10 over here haha) but lemme run a few stats by you...

You say your school is around ranked 30s, so for the sake of this conversation I'm going to pretend you go to the school which ranked 30th last year, being Roseville Collage. Now, in 2022 over 60 percent of their students received at ATAR of above 90, and 30% above 95. These are already very promising results.

But actually, given the number of people in your school doing MX2 and MX1, I am willing to make a guess that you do not go to Roseville Collage and in fact a selective school. If you are in a selective school (similar to myself), it is very likely that the most basic level of English available at your school is English Advanced, suggesting that you have 137 students in your grade, also similar to the amount that might be at a selective school. My point for saying this is, being 30th in English Advanced puts you well in the bracket of being able to do English Extension or something similar - basically what I'm saying is you're smart. MX1, MX2, Physics and Chem are all some of the highest scaling subjects and you are doing absolutely incredibly in all of them - no matter what school you are at, those are incredible results, and the fact you are in a top 30 school just makes it even more so.

Now, I am going to put what I estimate to be your marks into an ATAR calculator. I've put your school as Baulkham Hills HS, a school which came 28th last year. The school is a guesstimate from me, but I couldn't be bothered to do much more research into this. I'm gonna put your marks in as lower than what I think they'll be, being a 85 for Eng Advanced, 95 for MX1, 90 for MX2, 93 for Chem and 90 for Physics.

That brings your estimated ATAR to 98.25 ± 0.75

Congratulations in advance!

:():

HSC
Well I'm definitely not any ATAR expert (Year 10 over here haha) but lemme run a few stats by you...

You say your school is around ranked 30s, so for the sake of this conversation I'm going to pretend you go to the school which ranked 30th last year, being Roseville Collage. Now, in 2022 over 60 percent of their students received at ATAR of above 90, and 30% above 95. These are already very promising results.

But actually, given the number of people in your school doing MX2 and MX1, I am willing to make a guess that you do not go to Roseville Collage and in fact a selective school. If you are in a selective school (similar to myself), it is very likely that the most basic level of English available at your school is English Advanced, suggesting that you have 137 students in your grade, also similar to the amount that might be at a selective school. My point for saying this is, being 30th in English Advanced puts you well in the bracket of being able to do English Extension or something similar - basically what I'm saying is you're smart. MX1, MX2, Physics and Chem are all some of the highest scaling subjects and you are doing absolutely incredibly in all of them - no matter what school you are at, those are incredible results, and the fact you are in a top 30 school just makes it even more so.

Now, I am going to put what I estimate to be your marks into an ATAR calculator. I've put your school as Baulkham Hills HS, a school which came 28th last year. The school is a guesstimate from me, but I couldn't be bothered to do much more research into this. I'm gonna put your marks in as lower than what I think they'll be, being a 85 for Eng Advanced, 95 for MX1, 90 for MX2, 93 for Chem and 90 for Physics.

Thank you for the lengthy message but where are you getting your stats from baulko is most definitely not 28th

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Thank you for the lengthy message but where are you getting your stats from baulko is most definitely not 28th
WAIT IM SO DUMB I MEANT GIRRA (which came 29th lmao)

Those two schools just blur together in my mind tbh

So sorry ignore that part but I stand by that you're gonna do amazing

sheppy123

HSC

?????????????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)