Atar estimate (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi all, can I please have an Atar prediction (and also some advice on how to best organise my time from now to hsc since my time-management is rlly poor)

I go to a top 10 school

Chem-5/83
English Advanced- 21/134
Maths ext 1 - 3/98
Maths ext 2 - 1/50
Physics - 2/73

Tryna go for state rank for phys and ext 2 and maybe chem (but idk if my rank is good enough) but i'm willing to ditch these goals since ik going for srs in these 2 subjects is gonna be very high effort but low yield in terms of my final atar.

How achievable is 99.9/99.95 (since I'm aiming for scientia scholarship), and how should I best allocate my time moving forward? Thanks!
:)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your performance is consistent with a minimum ATAR of 99 and up to 99.80. Your performance is evidently of a very high standard across your subjects (congratulations on an outstanding result in Geography by the way! 🥳), meaning that all of your subjects are highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. At this stage, your plan is simple: to continue preparing for your HSC exams to the best of your ability. In doing so, you should definitely maintain the study strategy that you have developed and used for each of your subjects because it has clearly been very effective. This will hopefully allow you to replicate this favourable performance in your HSC exams, which would in turn maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal. A 99.90-99.95 ATAR is definitely achievable as you appear to be very close to this range. This is the reason that your chances of achieving it will greatly depend on your performance in your HSC exams, as well as having just a bit of luck.

In terms of time management, I personally fail to see how you may be struggling. You attended a high-ranked school and despite having an academically capable cohort, you still managed to place highly in each of your subjects. With that being said, I think that the idea of a state rank in some of your subjects should not be prioritised. As you mentioned, you may end up focusing too much on specific subjects, when you should instead be focusing on other subjects. In other words, if it happens, it happens. If it does not happen, it is not a problem, as long as you achieve your ATAR goal, which is your priority.

Additionally, I would recommend ensuring that you do not overwhelm yourself with the pressure that may come from your ATAR aim. Regular breaks can help reduce the pressure and stress, keeping you in a healthy state of mind as you approach the start of the HSC exam period.

I hope this helps! :D

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Hi all, can I please have an Atar prediction (and also some advice on how to best organise my time from now to hsc since my time-management is rlly poor)

I go to a top 10 school

Chem-5/83
English Advanced- 21/134
Maths ext 1 - 3/98
Maths ext 2 - 1/50
Physics - 2/73

Tryna go for state rank for phys and ext 2 and maybe chem (but idk if my rank is good enough) but i'm willing to ditch these goals since ik going for srs in these 2 subjects is gonna be very high effort but low yield in terms of my final atar.

How achievable is 99.9/99.95 (since I'm aiming for scientia scholarship), and how should I best allocate my time moving forward? Thanks!
:)
you need to tell us how many band 6 but i'd say like 99.85-99.9 atm

helloworld!

HSC
Given this information, your performance is consistent with a minimum ATAR of 99 and up to 99.80. Your performance is evidently of a very high standard across your subjects (congratulations on an outstanding result in Geography by the way! 🥳), meaning that all of your subjects are highly likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. At this stage, your plan is simple: to continue preparing for your HSC exams to the best of your ability. In doing so, you should definitely maintain the study strategy that you have developed and used for each of your subjects because it has clearly been very effective. This will hopefully allow you to replicate this favourable performance in your HSC exams, which would in turn maximise your chances of achieving your ATAR goal. A 99.90-99.95 ATAR is definitely achievable as you appear to be very close to this range. This is the reason that your chances of achieving it will greatly depend on your performance in your HSC exams, as well as having just a bit of luck.

In terms of time management, I personally fail to see how you may be struggling. You attended a high-ranked school and despite having an academically capable cohort, you still managed to place highly in each of your subjects. With that being said, I think that the idea of a state rank in some of your subjects should not be prioritised. As you mentioned, you may end up focusing too much on specific subjects, when you should instead be focusing on other subjects. In other words, if it happens, it happens. If it does not happen, it is not a problem, as long as you achieve your ATAR goal, which is your priority.

Additionally, I would recommend ensuring that you do not overwhelm yourself with the pressure that may come from your ATAR aim. Regular breaks can help reduce the pressure and stress, keeping you in a healthy state of mind as you approach the start of the HSC exam period.

Hello @jimmysmith560 , I hope you are well!
I had a question to ask. If you go to a school whose ranking fluctuates from 100-200, is my final ATAR affected due to scaling, or any other factors?

carrotsss

HSC
Hello @jimmysmith560 , I hope you are well!
I had a question to ask. If you go to a school whose ranking fluctuates from 100-200, is my final ATAR affected due to scaling, or any other factors?
50% of your HSC marks for each subject are determined by your moderated school assessment mark, which is based on your ranking, mark differences in rankings and your cohorts performance - for example, if you’re ranked first internally then you’ll get the highest exam mark for that subject within your cohort as your moderated school assessment mark, and if you come second by only like 1% then you will get a moderated school assessment mark only slightly below the highest exam mark for that subject within your cohort.

for this reason, at a school like yours compared to OPs school, you will need to rank higher to get the same HSC marks, however, it should also be easier to rank higher so it sorta balances out

HSC
you need to tell us how many band 6 but i'd say like 99.85-99.9 atm
Over the past few yrs, it's been around high 30s - low 40s chem b6s, 60-70 ext 1 b6s, high 20s -low 30s ext 2 b6s, ~30 physics b6s and typically around mid 40s english advanced b6s

HSC

Thanks! I was asking about time management because my time-management isn't very good since I get distracted a lot by external factors such as social media and youtube.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)