• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR prediction pls (1 Viewer)

igor9

HSC
@jimmysmith560 or whoever, I was wondering if u could pls do an ATAR prediction for me based on my Sem 1 report this year.

I go to a Top 30 School btw.

Here are my ranks for each subject:

English Advanced --> 27/149
IPT --> 2/18
Mathematics Advanced --> 19/82
Maths Ext 1 --> 42/73
Physics --> 17/51
SDD --> 5/9

Band 6 Count for each subject at my school for the past 2 years:

English Advanced --> 2023 had 48 B6s, 2022 had 62 B6s.
IPT --> 2023 had 5 B6s, 2022 had 2 B6s.
Mathematics Advanced --> 2023 had 45 B6s, 2022 had 37 B6s. (Our cohort might be a bit weaker)
Maths Ext 1 --> 2023 had 48 E4s, 2022 had 30 E4s. (Our cohort might be a bit weaker)
Physics --> 2023 had 18 B6s, 2022 had 9 B6s. (Our cohort is expected to do similar to or even outperform the 2023 cohort)
SDD --> 2023 had 3 B6s, 2022 had 8 B6s.

I am aiming for a 96+ ATAR since that is what I need to get, like even 96.05 or whatever is fine. I was aiming for a 98 ATAR at the start of Year 12 but I really couldn't give less of a shit anymore so I dropped the ball a bit. But yeah let me know if that is possible with an excellent HSC externals of course, which I am aiming to have.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your current performance seems to be on track with an ATAR between 95 and 97.5. This means that your ATAR goal is within reach, given your favourable performance across your subjects.

English Advanced and Mathematics Advanced are your best-performing subjects. Both subjects are likely to make a very positive contribution to your ATAR. You simply need to ensure that you keep applying your highly effective study strategy as you continue to prepare for your HSC exams, allowing you to ensure a high standard of overall performance in both subjects, maximising both subjects' contribution towards your ATAR.

Your performance in IPT, Physics and SDD is also favourable, meaning that these subjects are also likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, although perhaps slightly lower than that of English Advanced and Mathematics Advanced. Much of the same advice applies here, that is, keep doing your utmost in preparing for the HSC exam of these subjects so that you can perform at the best possible standard and maximise your chances of achieving your desired ATAR.

Mathematics Extension 1 appears to be your lowest-performing subject, though this does not mean that your performance is poor, nor does it mean it is significantly below your performance in your other subjects. Your current position simply indicates that there may be greater room for improvement in this subject compared to the rest of your subjects. As such, you may wish to consider placing additional emphasis on this subject as you continue to prepare for your HSC exams.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)