Atar Prediction (1 Viewer)

FAIL_URE:-(

HSC
School Rank: around 200 (ik its not too good)

MATH EXT 2 |Rank 1/5|, |AVERAGE: 92% (30% weighing left)|, |B6 Last Year: 1/4|
MATH EXT 1 |Rank 3/14|, |AVERAGE: 85% (30% weighing left)|, |B6 Last Year: 3/11|
ENG ADV |1/46|, |AVERAGE: 100% (30% weighing left)|, |B6 Last Year: 20/39|
CHEM |3/18|, |AVERAGE: 75% (30% weighing left)|, |B6 Last Year: 1/14|
ECO |1/8|, |AVERAGE: 93% (30% weighing left)|, |B6 Last Year: 0/7|

Last edited:

pink.jellobean

HSC
if your cohort is consistent with last year's, around 90

95 or higher is def possible since you have high rankings but its a toss up considering your school's rank and small cohort

FAIL_URE:-(

HSC

95 or higher is def possible since you have high rankings but its a toss up considering your school's rank and small cohort
my cohort for English is way stronger as well as all the other subjects except chemistry. We are easily expecting at least more than 3+ B6 for each subject in comparison to last year. Would you say a 98 is possible with this info?

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
my cohort for English is way stronger as well as all the other subjects except chemistry. We are easily expecting at least more than 3+ B6 for each subject in comparison to last year. Would you say a 98 is possible with this info?
Very much on the table if you can maybe do something about your ext 1 rank and chem rank. If the rank gaps are really high, i'd suggest that you grind for trials.

mato915

HSC
^^ I agree with the above;
rank for chem
and maybe also ext 1 would be my prime concerns if I were u.

Just smash out externals and those rank 1s will translate to very gud ATAR (dont bomb trials tho)

Armon

HSC

this prediction is bordering on downright delusional, he could be 10 marks lower in everything and still hed be looking at greater than 90. Gotta keep in mind he's literally doing the highest scalars in HSC. This is consistent with a 96+, bit weary about the maths marks being so high, most likely emblematic of piss easy internals. School rank is a negligible factor if you're getting rank 1s, my school was rank 550 🤣.

98+ is definitely on the table if you get your head out of your ass in 3u and Chem, which isnt particularly lofty a feat to achieve considering Chem mark so far has been tainted with a non-HSC style depth study and probably other non-exam like assessments, and 3u trial should be trivial for the schools r1 4u kid.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
this prediction is bordering on downright delusional, he could be 10 marks lower in everything and still hed be looking at greater than 90. Gotta keep in mind he's literally doing the highest scalars in HSC. This is consistent with a 96+, bit weary about the maths marks being so high, most likely emblematic of piss easy internals. School rank is a negligible factor if you're getting rank 1s, my school was rank 550 🤣.

98+ is definitely on the table if you get your head out of your ass in 3u and Chem, which isnt particularly lofty a feat to achieve considering Chem mark so far has been tainted with a non-HSC style depth study and probably other non-exam like assessments, and 3u trial should be trivial for the schools r1 4u kid.
question, how much did your school rank go up because of your atar/band 6s? like surely it’d be crazy

Armon

HSC
question, how much did your school rank go up because of your atar/band 6s? like surely it’d be crazy
The school doesn't voluntarily release its results for obvious reasons, and the government only forces the top 150 schools to make it public, so how ive come to these numbers is by looking at the 2014 data (the last year we had all schools ranked), and seeing what the success rates (which are public record for all schools even up to 2023) correspond to in terms of ranks, and this is actually quite consistent for the top 150 schools, so its a pretty solid tool to find the ballpark range of your schools rank. Our school 2022 had a success rate of 1.27% (median across nsw is about 5.5%), which puts it somewhere from rank 500-550, and it went up to 3.11% iirc (same median) in my year, which is around rank 360-ish? so fairly big jump (makes sense considering we tripled the previous years band 6s).
School suffers both from poor teaching quality and from poor administration. Stupid decisions are made by people who do not know what they are talking about that drastically reduce the odds that any kid can get a band 6; they do trials a term early "to benefit major work students", of which there are very few, which results in teachers being unable to utilise the Independent trial papers the school pays for as they are sent out after trials are long finished. This results in students either doing a previous years trial paper (prone to cheating as its not that hard to find independent papers from previous years) or doing one written by teachers, who of course have limited skill in exam writing hsc style questions (for instance, my chemistry paper was written as a 2hr exam, but we had 3 hours to complete it, and it had an incorrect question, which the teacher had to remove after it was pointed out). Inadequate trials means students are not ready nor prepared for their HSC. Other stupid decisions, like greatly limiting a students ability to drop to 10 units, and an unwillingness to send out n awards for students who do not complete class work means that very difficult classes like chemistry and physics are filled with people who do not want to be there and make it everyone else's problem. I believe 95% of students do not receive their uni entrance through an atar pathway but rather through early entry, so in the eyes of the school theyve done a great job as all the kids are going to uni. The biggest factor that bothers me though, is we do not live in a low socio-economic environment and these sorts of problems are purely artificial.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
The school doesn't voluntarily release its results for obvious reasons, and the government only forces the top 150 schools to make it public, so how ive come to these numbers is by looking at the 2014 data (the last year we had all schools ranked), and seeing what the success rates (which are public record for all schools even up to 2023) correspond to in terms of ranks, and this is actually quite consistent for the top 150 schools, so its a pretty solid tool to find the ballpark range of your schools rank. Our school 2022 had a success rate of 1.27% (median across nsw is about 5.5%), which puts it somewhere from rank 500-550, and it went up to 3.11% iirc (same median) in my year, which is around rank 360-ish? so fairly big jump (makes sense considering we tripled the previous years band 6s).
School suffers both from poor teaching quality and from poor administration. Stupid decisions are made by people who do not know what they are talking about that drastically reduce the odds that any kid can get a band 6; they do trials a term early "to benefit major work students", of which there are very few, which results in teachers being unable to utilise the Independent trial papers the school pays for as they are sent out after trials are long finished. This results in students either doing a previous years trial paper (prone to cheating as its not that hard to find independent papers from previous years) or doing one written by teachers, who of course have limited skill in exam writing hsc style questions (for instance, my chemistry paper was written as a 2hr exam, but we had 3 hours to complete it, and it had an incorrect question, which the teacher had to remove after it was pointed out). Inadequate trials means students are not ready nor prepared for their HSC. Other stupid decisions, like greatly limiting a students ability to drop to 10 units, and an unwillingness to send out n awards for students who do not complete class work means that very difficult classes like chemistry and physics are filled with people who do not want to be there and make it everyone else's problem. I believe 95% of students do not receive their uni entrance through an atar pathway but rather through early entry, so in the eyes of the school theyve done a great job as all the kids are going to uni. The biggest factor that bothers me though, is we do not live in a low socio-economic environment and these sorts of problems are purely artificial.
well said. but wow, ~200 rank jump that’s insane. good job!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)