• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar prediction (1 Viewer)

max77549

HSC
year 12 semester 2 report:

SOR II: 51 173/195 (6 band 5,6)
Eng Adv: 59 107/111 (6 band 5/6)
math stnd 2: 62 172/240 (6 band 5/6)
business studies: 67 72/111 (5 band 5/6)
mod hist: 60 37/50 (0 band 5/6)

Cant find school average or ranking - 400 odd people at the school

Never really properly studied up until recently, confident in myself that my hsc raw marks will be decent (for me) 70+. Math and business 80+
need a 60 atar plus 5 regional bonus points for a 65. Any insight would be appreciated, cheers

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
year 12 semester 2 report:

SOR II: 51 173/195 (6 band 5,6)
Eng Adv: 59 107/111 (6 band 5/6)
math stnd 2: 62 172/240 (6 band 5/6)
business studies: 67 72/111 (5 band 5/6)
mod hist: 60 37/50 (0 band 5/6)

Cant find school average or ranking - 400 odd people at the school

Never really properly studied up until recently, confident in myself that my hsc raw marks will be decent (for me) 70+. Math and business 80+
need a 60 atar plus 5 regional bonus points for a 65. Any insight would be appreciated, cheers
Hi there!
  1. Marks and Rankings:
    • Your scores in SOR II, English Advanced, Mathematics Standard 2, Business Studies, and Modern History show a consistent performance, mostly falling within the Band 5/6 range.
    • The rankings indicate that you’re performing well, especially in subjects like Modern History, where you seem to be closer to the top of your cohort.
  2. ATAR Goals:
    • You're aiming for an ATAR of 60, which is achievable with your current performance if you maintain or improve your raw scores.
    • The 5 regional bonus points will help you reach your target ATAR of 65.
Expectations for HSC
  1. Targeting 70+ Raw Marks:
    • With your confidence and recent commitment to studying, aiming for 70+ in most subjects is realistic. Focus on key topics and practice past papers to consolidate your knowledge.
    • For Mathematics and Business Studies, setting a goal of 80+ is ambitious but feasible, especially if you’ve identified areas for improvement.
  2. Study Strategy:
    • Focused Revision: Prioritize subjects where you feel less confident, using resources like textbooks, online tutorials, and past HSC papers.
    • Practice Papers: Regularly complete practice exams under timed conditions to improve your exam technique and time management.
    • Group Study: If possible, collaborate with peers to discuss difficult topics and quiz each other.

billy10101

HSC
Hi there!
  1. Marks and Rankings:
    • Your scores in SOR II, English Advanced, Mathematics Standard 2, Business Studies, and Modern History show a consistent performance, mostly falling within the Band 5/6 range.
    • The rankings indicate that you’re performing well, especially in subjects like Modern History, where you seem to be closer to the top of your cohort.
  2. ATAR Goals:
    • You're aiming for an ATAR of 60, which is achievable with your current performance if you maintain or improve your raw scores.
    • The 5 regional bonus points will help you reach your target ATAR of 65.
Expectations for HSC
  1. Targeting 70+ Raw Marks:
    • With your confidence and recent commitment to studying, aiming for 70+ in most subjects is realistic. Focus on key topics and practice past papers to consolidate your knowledge.
    • For Mathematics and Business Studies, setting a goal of 80+ is ambitious but feasible, especially if you’ve identified areas for improvement.
  2. Study Strategy:
    • Focused Revision: Prioritize subjects where you feel less confident, using resources like textbooks, online tutorials, and past HSC papers.
    • Practice Papers: Regularly complete practice exams under timed conditions to improve your exam technique and time management.
    • Group Study: If possible, collaborate with peers to discuss difficult topics and quiz each other.
bros chatgpt malfunctioned

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
hey mate got referenced to go to you for this.
It can be rather difficult to provide specific figures (and I think that it would be unnecessarily discouraging to do so in your particular case), although it would be reasonable to suggest that based on this information, your current performance is consistent with an ATAR lower than 60. However, if you manage to perform at a higher standard across your HSC exams, including the marks that you mentioned that you believe you can achieve, your ATAR goal will definitely be within reach.

At this stage, Business Studies appears to be your best-performing subject. Improved overall performance through favourable HSC exam performance will therefore allow this subject to make a greater contribution to your ATAR, bringing you closer to your ATAR goal.

In terms of your other subjects, your position reflects a lower level of performance. This means that those subjects may reduce your chances of reaching your desired ATAR at this stage. They can be ordered as follows (the last subject being your lowest-performing one):
  1. Modern History
  2. Mathematics Standard
  3. English Advanced
  4. Studies of Religion II
It is therefore important to ensure that you thoroughly prepare for the HSC exam of these subjects. The greater the improvement, the better the overall HSC mark, and the more significant the contribution of these subjects to your ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)