• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Atar predictions ?? 😁 (1 Viewer)

littleladybug182

HSC
Hi everyone!
Forgot to apply for early entry so getting a bit worried about my atar now and calculators just give such a wide range.
My school ranks around 50-70 most years.
Anyways trial marks and ranks are as follows

english adv: 67 - ranked 81/88 (yikes!)
maths adv: 84 - ranked 8/114
economics: 84 - ranked 15/54
business: 90 - ranked 11/78
chemistry: 69 - ranked 14/74

So what am I angling towards? thanks so much in advance everyone!!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Additional information, such as the number of band 6's achieved at your school across your subjects would assist in improving the accuracy of estimates that you might receive. However, from this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the high 80s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 86 and 87.5.

Mathematics Advanced and Business Studies appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that both are likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, the highest compared to your other subjects. Hopefully you did well in your Mathematics Advanced HSC exam to maintain favourable overall performance. You should also ensure that you use the remaining time to thoroughly prepare for your Business Studies HSC exam.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a lower extent, about your position in Economics and Chemistry. This means while both subjects can make a positive contribution to your ATAR, there seems to be room for improvement. Their HSC exam therefore provides you with a great opportunity to improve your overall performance and by extension their contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, English Advanced is your lowest-performing subject, meaning that at this stage will likely make the lowest contribution to your ATAR and possibly prevent you from achieving a higher ATAR. However, favourable HSC exam performance can help you improve this subject's contribution to your ATAR, increasing your chances of a higher ATAR, so hopefully you did well in your English Advanced HSC exam.

I hope this helps! :D

littleladybug182

HSC
Thank you so much, really appreciate the guidance. Going well so far and I’m ready to smash out business studies 😁😁 then hoping for a tiny bit of luck and some renewed motivation after that.
All the best and thank you for your advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)