• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Queries (1 Viewer)

xyi

HSC
Hey, so I've just completed my first term of assessments for year 12 and unfortunately my marks have either been average or just :(

(i.e ranging from 67 (my lowest mark) to around mid 80s). All my the assessments were worth 15%. How much would this hinder my chances of getting 98+ ATAR? Are there any past HSC students who have been in my position and after hard work have managed to achieve a high ATAR ? Thank you!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There was another person who was in a similar situation to you, check out my response in the link below-it might provide some guidance:)
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=315854&highlight=failed+term+assessments?

But essentially, this wouldn't really hinder your chances of getting your desired ATAR that much but you really need to identify your mistakes and rectify them to make sure you don't make them again-whether in exam questions, whether in your study habits, exam preparation etc. Basically, it would hinder your chances of getting a CERTAIN ATAR if you think it will and you make it so.

Just work hard through your holidays to really consolidate your understanding of the things you don't yet understand that you have learnt and try your best for the rest of this year-and you will get your atar if you don't give up. Hope this helps and best wishes for you to get your desired atar:)

HK46

Banned
HSC
You will hopefully get your Atar, just keep working hard and get your head up and believe in yourself that you can get 98+.

Good luck,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)