• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Att: All Greeks (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey guys!

No, this is not a racist thread. This is for my society and culture assessment which is like a mini PIP. I have to choose an ethnic culture (other than my own) and focus on the gender role and their affect in the communication process. I have decided to do Greeks since there are many at my school and on BOS. Anyways, please complete this survey for me before Monday afternoon and then I can analyse them all. You can even get your parents/grandparents to fill it out if you want so I can interpret the info from different generations. Please copy the survey and the paste it in your post to answer it, don't just write the question number and then a yes or a no Thanx again guys!

Here's the survey:

(1) What gender are you?

[ ] Female
[ ] Male

(2) Which age category do you fall into?

[ ] 12 - 15
[ ] 16 - 19
[ ] 20 - 23
[ ] 23 and above

(3) In the typical Greek culture in Australia, which gender would you consider that has more authority?

[ ] Female
[ ] Male

(4) Are Greek females restricted from making direct communication to an unknown Greek boy at a party function and instead use their appearance to communicate?

[ ] Yes, they are not allowed to communicate at all
[ ] Yes, they are not allowed to communicate but do use their appearance to communicate
[ ] No, they are allowed to make direct communication

(5) Do Greek females tend to use the words/phrases “in my opinion”, “maybe”, “perhaps” and “sort of” in a conversation?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(6) Do Greek females tend to use disclaimers such as “I am probably wrong but….”?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(7) Do Greek females tend to use phrases such as “isn’t that so” or “Don’t you think”?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(8) Do Greek females usually interrupt a conversation?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(9) Do you think Greek females enter a person’s personal space (i.e. standing very close to the person she’s talking to)

[ ] Yes
[ ] No, Greek males do that more

(10) Do Greek females use body language and eye contact to communicate rather than talking?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(11) Do Greek females touch Greek males more than the Greek males touch them?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

(12) Do Greek females, when talking; use faster speech, short pauses and greater volume?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Hey, I'm feeling bored, so here you go, hope this helps :)

(1) What gender are you?

[ ] Female

[ ] 16 - 19

(3) In the typical Greek culture in Australia, which gender would you consider that has more authority?

[ ] Male

(4) Are Greek females restricted from making direct communication to an unknown Greek boy at a party function and instead use their appearance to communicate?

(5) Do Greek females tend to use the words/phrases “in my opinion”, “maybe”, “perhaps” and “sort of” in a conversation?

[ ] Yes

(6) Do Greek females tend to use disclaimers such as “I am probably wrong but….”?

[ ] No

(7) Do Greek females tend to use phrases such as “isn’t that so” or “Don’t you think”?

[ ] Yes

(doesn't everyone? hm...anyway, I was unsure about this question)

[ ] Yes

(9) Do you think Greek females enter a person’s personal space (i.e. standing very close to the person she’s talking to)

(10) Do Greek females use body language and eye contact to communicate rather than talking?

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

(i think its an equalibrium)

(12) Do Greek females, when talking; use faster speech, short pauses and greater volume?

[ ] Yes

Kulazzi

HSC
thank you very much grk_styl, the first one in 8 hours :) :uhhuh:
and I thought this would receive a flood of replies :(

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I thought this would receive a flood of replies :(
Ohh dont worry. I would reply but im not Greek so dont doesnt work to well :rolleyes:

My mini-pip is due next friday and i havnt done any *majorly stressed*

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i think most greeks hang our around NS

Kulazzi

HSC
i didn't think specifically N-S, but then again, this thread won't be appropriate in the NS section thats why i put it in here and I don't really want to make a new thread in NS

Kulazzi

HSC
Sweets said:
Ohh dont worry. I would reply but im not Greek so dont doesnt work to well

My mini-pip is due next friday and i havnt done any *majorly stressed*
Mine's due thursday and i haven't started 'till 2 days ago cos i was working on my textiles thing. I don't mind if you fill one out for me even tho ur not greek (considering i'm not receiving a lot of replies) :p

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
you need tommy_lamp, i'll let him know about this thread
Hey, thanx very much ~*HSC 4life*~, that would be very helpful :)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
(1) What gender are you?

[X] Male

[ ] 16 - 19

[ ] Male

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

We are a very intimate people :p

[ ] No

[ ] No

[ ] No

Interesting Thread, i'd like to add that Greeks are a very physical people, we like to be intimate and close. So if someone likes another person, they will definately show it.

If you want to ask anything else just pm me :)

Last edited:

Kulazzi

HSC
thanx guys for filling it out, it'll really help me :p

on a serious note, i really appreciate it that you took the time to fill it out :) thanx again :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)