attendance (1 Viewer)

sasquatch

HSC
Im really worried now about my attendance..

Ive counted.. (approximated) that ive had 21 days off this term... maybe about 10-15 days last term, and maybe 6-8 days in terms 1 and 2 (although my report says 4) So adding it up gives maximum of 44 and minimum of 37 days. I heard that 85% is the minimum attendance required to sit for the HSC, working from this it gives about 280 school days during the year, and hence 42 days of valid absences. Say i have been absent 44 (or maybe i under-approximated.. say maximum 46) this year, am i screwed?!

Kinda getting worried now..and also i havent been to any classes for two weeks (but was marked off three times). Oh yeah.. im not sick either.. And also im not a bum, i might have all these absences, but my marks/ranks are really good.. think the school would be biased towards those whom have performed well?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure about this 85% attendance thing, but I'm curious as to why you've missed out so many days of school! :p

sasquatch

HSC
Ok well at the begining of the term, i stayed home mostly due to the fact that my school is just so distracting... i mean every single one of my classes is a waste of time (except maths), every lesson we dont do anything and i cant work individually due to the fact that everyone else isnt focused on work either. So that was the begining of the term. I stayed home i guess to "study" but most of the time that didnt work out.. (i dunno if i stayed away that many days.. may have been an over-estimation but yeah im still worried). And the days that ive taken off post-trials is because for one thing my physics teacher (which is also my sdd teacher) hasnt been at school for 3 weeks...and so that means that each week i have 18 periods of nothing for each of those 3 weeks.. the subsitute we've had doesnt teach us anything... english we've finished everything so thats another 6 periods of crap a week.. so it just seems like such a waste of time to go to school.

Actually maybe i overestimated.. cuz im just worried about recent absences.. but even if what i said was true 44-46 days absent.. am i screwed?

Last edited by a moderator:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My school always talks about maintaining an 85% attendance rate in HSC but not exactly sure what the BOS rules are on attendance and sitting the HSC. I guess you should talk to your school, although you would think if it was a problem they would of contacted you already...

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
well yes, if your attendance rate is belw 85%, yu cant take the hsc. thats what happened to me lol. you dont get a warning or anything like n-awards, its immediate

emily2005

HSC
N/A
so when would they tell you that u cant sit for the hsc??

sasquatch

HSC
How can the school not warn you that your in risk of not being able to sit the hsc. Sounds weird..

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
Hey I'm in Year 11 (I'm not sure if the procedures regarding attendance are the same in Year 11/12) and I was sent a warning for an N-award for having 21 days absent in English Extension 1.

I got the warning has soon as I reached the 20 days absent mark and had to have parent/teacher interviews and all that jazz.

sasquatch

HSC
Im not worried bout the jigging of individual classess.. i dont think my teachers would do anything (well maybe my english teacher), its full day attendances that worries me..

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
that 85% attendance rate is just a general guideline set by BOS or whoever, its up to the individual school as to how strict they are with these percentages......I don't think you have anything to worry about if you have say a 81% attendance rate.......

sasquatch

HSC
timobr0 said:
that 85% attendance rate is just a general guideline set by BOS or whoever, its up to the individual school as to how strict they are with these percentages......I don't think you have anything to worry about if you have say a 81% attendance rate.......
i hope so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)