Attention Core and Major Appreciation! (1 Viewer)

Hollie

Hey!

Does anyone have any trial/ possible questions for Core Appreciation and Major (1920-60) appreciation??

ta

emma ware

HSC
core apprieciation essay questions
OCHRES
1. Explain how the choreographers used elements of traditional and contemporary dance to portray the intent. Give examples. How successful were they in blending the two?
2. Outline your understanding of the origin of ochres. Include social, political and cultural influences.
3. Collaboration is a significant feature in Australian contemporary dance. Discuss this statement with reference to Ochres.
4. Discuss the aural elements and movement content in Ochres in relation to the intent.
5. Write a review
ROOSTER
1. How has Christopher Bruces background influenced his choreography in Rooster?
2. In what way is the theme of male chauvinism portrayed in Rooster?
3. What choreographic devices has Bruce used in Rooster to portray his intent?
4. How has Bruce achieved Unity in Rooster
5. What dynamics does Bruce use to portray emotion in relation to the intent?
6. How has Christopher Bruce used symbolism and abstraction to help achieve his intent in Rooster?
7. What compositional structures has Bruce used in Rooster to portray his intent?
8. Describe Bruces intent and analyse the movements used to portray his intent.
9. What genre is Rooster presented in and how does it reflect the context of the work?

Rinnybabe

thanks for those emma.
will help heaps when i eventually get around to studying for dance, as it is my last exam!
Are you doing major appreciation??

emma ware

HSC
ur welcome
yeh dance is my last exam too and i have a week to prepare anyway, so im leaving it!
no im not doing major appreciation, i did major composition.
hope the essay questions are of some help
keep it groovin

sin340

hey hollie im doing major appreciation aswell i think our teacher gave us a few questions that we could be asked...so i'll post them up here probly next week..
dance is my last exam aswell...i think i wouldve been better doing performance rather then appreciation with appreciation it means more stuff to study :S

sin340

REVELATIONS-ALVIN AILEY
1.discuss the ways in which revelations is a seminal work (refer to the history work and importance of the work to the development of black dance and as a reflection of the sociopolitical issues of the time, and its importance to the career of alvin ailey.
2. discuss the ways in which revelations is a reflection of the characteristics of alvin auleys style (refer to his history,his concern for black issues ie social themes and actual movement characteristics.
3.analyse the ways in which alvin ailey has combined the elements of space, time and dynamics to acheive the intent of revelations.
4.analyse the ways in which alvin ailey has combined the elements of movement to achieve the intent of revelations.
5. analyse the ways in which alvin ailey has given unity to revelations.
6.discuss the meaning and significance of revelations.
7. give an interpretation of revelations
8. assess the effectiveness of revelations ( did it acheive its intent and how? analyse intent then discuss history of the work and then discuss each section and how theyre relevant to each theme.
DeMILLE/GRAHAM
1. why the prescribed artist is considered a seminal artist in relation to dance and the era.
2. how the prescribed artists work establishes him or her as a seminal artist.

2002 HSC- explain how your chosen artist has influenced dance as an artform through their exploration of concepts/intent.

2001 HSC- why are your prescribed artists considered to be seminal artists?

and thats all i have...so hope it helps :)
good luck

Hollie

Is anyone stressed about this appreciation? ahhh! especially major...if neone has practise ERA q's that would be fantastic!

sin340

no im not that stressed i think i'll do alright..just have to look over my notes a couple of times..

here are a couple of questions from the trial on era.

*OUTLINE THE HISTORICAL, POLITICA AND SOCIAL FACTORS THAT SHAPED THE ERA YOU HAVE STUDIED IN YOUR ANSWER REFER TO THE ERA FROM 1920-1960 OR THE ERA FROM 1960-1990.

*DISCUSS THE WAY IN WHICH THE WORK OF YOUR PRESCRIBED ARTISTS ARE CONSIDERED TO BE REFLECTIVE OF THE PERIOD IN WHICH THEY WORKED.

good luck dont stress to much im sure you'll do fine :)

sin340

hey just wondered how everyone went???
i wasnt expecting the question we got on rooster..but i loved the ochres question...overall i think i did well..
did any of you's have any difficulties with anything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)