• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Auden Essay? (1 Viewer)

BigBoiPants

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was looking for some direction with my upcoming essay for my English advanced prelim yearly but I can't seem to find any essays on Auden.
It would be of great help if anyone could post a sample essay :)

prescribed poems:
O What is the Sound.
Epitaph on a Tyrant.
The Unknown Citizen.
September 1 1939.
Shield of Achilles.

Thanks in advance

Scrambled

HSC
Hi everyone,

I was looking for some direction with my upcoming essay for my English advanced prelim yearly but I can't seem to find any essays on Auden.
It would be of great help if anyone could post a sample essay :)

prescribed poems:
O What is the Sound.
Epitaph on a Tyrant.
The Unknown Citizen.
September 1 1939.
Shield of Achilles.

Thanks in advance
Oh I had to do Auden and those exact five poems last term for Mod B! I've already posted all my analysis here on BOS, which hopefully you might find useful in structuring your essay :)

Auden Poems + Analysis - Year 11 English Adv (Mod B) | Bored Of Studies

BigBoiPants

HSC
I was just looking for guidance on how I could structure the essay as in the thesis in the intro, structure of body paras etc.
So even if you can't share your essay, a scaffold would help cus my teachers didn't provide me with much lol
Thanks for your contribution, your notes are very comprehensive! (i'll definitely be using it for my analysis)

Scrambled

HSC
I was just looking for guidance on how I could structure the essay as in the thesis in the intro, structure of body paras etc.
So even if you can't share your essay, a scaffold would help cus my teachers didn't provide me with much lol
Thanks for your contribution, your notes are very comprehensive! (i'll definitely be using it for my analysis)
Oh yeah sure thing here's at least what I did:

Intro
Conceptual Statement: Just a sentence that links to the module (basically can memorise it and copy it in the exam)
Thesis: Thesis that answers the question. I also added a bit of context of Auden here.
Introduce your Poems/Arguments: Pretty self explanatory :))
Link: Optional, but you can also use it to add a short bit on the role of Auden (link it to your thesis) and why we wrote such poems.

Bodies (I personally did three [barely] but again it's up to your school and how many poems you do).
Topic Sentence: Introduce your first idea/poem
Context/Form: My school wanted form but your school might not
Evidence: I used 3x quotes/techniques/analysis from the poem. With each quote, remember to link it to your thesis/question!
Link: Basically a summary of yourbody paragraph, possibly link to next.

Conclusion
Pretty scuffed one sentence ngl especially under exam pressure --> Basically just summary of your entire essay, and how Auden does ______ and what it ultimately gets the reader to do/reflect/think

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)