• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

auditor general (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
Does working as the Auditor General appeal to you?

As public servants they are paid relatively lower than someone of similar competency and experience can get in the private sector, but the role certainly sounds more prestigious, and you are the "government financial watchdog". Not only that, but they are ultimately responsible for things like e.g. Uni's, Hospitals, Councils, Dept. of Defence, Centrelink, Telstra, reports on Speed Cameras effectiveness, government spending, government advertising etc.

So would you rather be a Big 4 Partner in Audit or the Auditor General?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Big4.

That was a no-brainer.

All the talk in recent years of how much budget cuts the Auditor General have had and then their attempts to woo people into joining cadetships.... well, didn't even need to make me think twice answering that.

Oh, and I also happen to like my current job :)

turtleface

HSC
Yeah salary is a big issue. I think at ANAO you get 48K as a grad, but then you sort of stop at the Director level lol. I think the Auditor General only gets paid similar to a (senior-ish) Principal/Director at Big 4, although I heard they (all staff) get some Public Servant Allowance or something. Forgot how much, I think about 10-20K.

I guess knowing you are serving the people of Australia brings some sort of non financial reward too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)