AustLII on Firefox (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
The lovely people at AustLII have brought us their Firefox toolbar, with one-click access to a drop-down menu of all the categories. Plus, with tabbing inside Firefox, you can open multiple different AustLII windows quickly and easily.

*plugplug*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I love Austlii and i'm not even a law student.... it is so useful for finding things out that you have always wondered about when it comes to the law...

It was also really helpful for my media law subject last semester.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Casebase all the way. Its great because it even gives you a little key to show whether it was applied positively, negatively or just commented upon.

Austlii is crap- totally unhelpful. In one of our first law tutorials, they wanted to show us how to use Austlii (despite the fact we all knew how to), and the tutor searched for the Crimes Act, and, according to Austlii, it didnt exist. :rolleyes:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
MaryJane said:
Austlii is crap- totally unhelpful. In one of our first law tutorials, they wanted to show us how to use Austlii (despite the fact we all knew how to), and the tutor searched for the Crimes Act, and, according to Austlii, it didnt exist. :rolleyes:
The search function is EVIL :rolleyes:
Exactly, I had to research a case and do a speech on it, it had to be criminal so I was going to do one that I remembered was a precedent for Mock Trial, so I used the search function and it said it didn't exist, I knew it did bcoz my teacher told me it was one of the leading cases for assault. So I spent ages in the state library looking up a case (and trying to photocopy the whole ratio) I could understand and that I could fit the ratio into a 5min speech, my teacher then tells me the search function is crap, browse it and I found my case straight away!!!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Yes Casebase is better. And yes don't we just love the thingies telling us if the base was followed or whatever. But you have to sign into serius and all.

Austlii is good for quick legisltion looking up...
Yeh

If I need RPA I'm not gonna go through 8 screens of crap to get to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)