Australian Business Week (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone in this forum do ABW or have done ABW? can anyone help me if you have done it. ASAP would be best. :p

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Ah.. so much time off class for good old ABW in years 10 & 11. We almost won it 2 years back, but we tried to give out dividends more than double our share price, and apparently crashed their program that does the calculations ..

But as ReNcH said, need specifics if you want help with it.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
how do i increase the share price considerably and how do i get more products made closer to my expected production total?

astro

HSC
i did it back in year ten...it was okay, besides the fact i was grouped with one of the most annoying people in my grade...the problems weren't exactly problems...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
LOL.
I'm afraid I can't help you there...I worked with another guy to get our share price up, and it was up and down like a yo-yo. After the first day, it was $20 or something (highest). By the end, it was something like $3 (lowest) :)
I can tell you that my group came second in three different categories, which was both annoying and rewarding.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The only part we won was best oral presentation...my mistake was giving out more shares we wen opened a new hotel...open the hotels early in the game...and dont give out extra shares...keep it as it is and that way ur company is worth more and shares prioces go up!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I made the mistake of issuing something like $1M of shares in addition to the ones already issued ---> ~$10 decrease in share price - LOL - we needed capital :)

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Yeah, we made that mistake too =P But it was an extra 900, 000 shares. We wanted to buy them back to raise our share price, but it sold more instead ..

Repay your loans, up your assets ..

We stayed in debt a lot of first instead of borrowing, which pushed our share price above the other teams for the first 4 or 5 quarters.. then we kinda went to a $0 share price by accident :p

kylie-rose

HSC
i did that last year in year 10, my group suprisingly came 1st over all, as well as coming first in the annual report section (which i wrote) and first in the computer simulation section.

we did bugger all, spent most of the time guessing what to do because the teacher that was meant to be our mentor couldnt speak english and disapeared most of the time.

it was fun

astro

HSC
kylie-rose said:
i did that last year in year 10, my group suprisingly came 1st over all, as well as coming first in the annual report section (which i wrote) and first in the computer simulation section.

we did bugger all, spent most of the time guessing what to do because the teacher that was meant to be our mentor couldnt speak english and disapeared most of the time.

it was fun

you were in laura cupples' group....pfft

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
we didn't win any categories for busniess week. it ended like on wednesday. we were close to winning a few categories but we just lost.

and for those who did hotel management, we did'nt do that. we did the manufacturing part of business week.

we got thrashed in the share market, even though we sold almost everything. we came like 7th in the last quarter, but not sure what we came in the simulation added up together. we like ended at, as i can remember, $21.71.

though we did'nt win any categories we did come 2nd overall. i think runners-up should at least dop something. we should at least get a certificate recognising our achievement. we also had 13 teams. it's meant to have only i think 10 or 12 teams.

should have at least won one category... :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
lol knew no other eling as well LOL. you can send me an email if you want to talk behind these forums. i'm alls up with reminiscing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)