• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

australian student leadership conference (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
so did anyone go? it was at the novetel in homebush on monday and tuesday.what did you think?

i reckon it was a bit pricy but worth every cent of it and definately nothing that i expected.it was really cool

HSC
N/A
i heard the main course was pretty shit

and i heard there was ferrerro rocher ice cream

i didnt go tho

Baggygreen408

HSC
yeh--- what happened- wat went on...

wat did the convention cost?

bettina44

HSC
Aerath said:
What do you do there? :p
we had stuff like imprompt speaking, singing dancing and games and all.

the games were like we had to try to build three identical windmills in a set amount of time.we were given cards that told us whether we were spies where we would sabotage the plan or teamplayer who would help build the wind mills.the idea was we would get rid of the spies by making accusations and they would be out of the game.it turn out that no one was a spy yet we eliminated half the group.

the imprompt specking was where we were given random topics and we had to talk about it on the spot. earlier in the day our speaker stumble on the word circumstances and said circumcises instead.so we gave the topic circumcision to talk about---it was sooo funny too bad you guys weren;t there.then we had a go ourselves,i had to talk about toenails clippings as a renewable source of energy and just made up bs.

oooo then there was the ballroom dancing,aaaarrrrgggghhh we had to dress ourselves in garbage bags then we'd gather round in a circle do the cha cha and move on to the next partner etc. it was fun for the first hour but it went on and on and on to the point we got all sweaty and gross.lol

then there was our groups there were different coloured groups and were were assigned different projects for the closing cermony like making up a song,dance,fundraising etc.i was part of the rainbow group and we made a pretty banner.

so yeah alot went on...

Baggygreen408 said:
yeh--- what happened- wat went on...

wat did the convention cost?
$255 but most people were paid for by their school. my school subsidised $100 so i only paid $150

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
bettina44 said:
the games were like we had to try to build three identical windmills in a set amount of time.we were given cards that told us whether we were spies where we would sabotage the plan or teamplayer who would help build the wind mills.the idea was we would get rid of the spies by making accusations and they would be out of the game.it turn out that no one was a spy yet we eliminated half the group.
That's a great introductory exercise. Did it at Youth 2020, except with building clone Lego models rather than windmills.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Apart from the impromptu speaking bit, it doesn't strike me as if there's much leadershp there. =\

bettina44

HSC
Aerath said:
Apart from the impromptu speaking bit, it doesn't strike me as if there's much leadershp there. =\
it does have stuff to do with leadership but its not as full on like a lecture or talk,they put it in the activities in a more subtle way.the lego exercise was about utilising what you got-good/bad even though there are spies and all thatb kind of stuff.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
bettina44 said:
it does have stuff to do with leadership but its not as full on like a lecture or talk,they put it in the activities in a more subtle way.the lego exercise was about utilising what you got-good/bad even though there are spies and all thatb kind of stuff.
Seems more tactical and psychological as opposed to a leadership style game to me.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Seems more tactical and psychological as opposed to a leadership style game to me.
Impromptu speeches seems more suited for a leadership conference, but the rest e.g. windmills seemed all tactical and psychological, like Aerath said. Lol...

bettina44

HSC
x.Exhaust.x said:
Impromptu speeches seems more suited for a leadership conference, but the rest e.g. windmills seemed all tactical and psychological, like Aerath said. Lol...
either way reckon it was fun anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)