• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

away: help please (1 Viewer)

el-retardo-6

HSC
ok so ive read the other threads on Away and have my related, just got a couple of questions.

how many " Away" characters should i talk about in the essay.
is the stuff like "water symbolises rebirth and washing away of past...." or "effected by the storm is used as a metaphor...." ok to use.
how long should i write, ie hand written A4 page.

any help would be awesome.
thanks eva

p.s i realise these seem like really basic questions but i wasnt even a NSW school student last year, and i missed this whole topic.

herbertip

HSC
you should place emphasis on Tom, Meg, Gwen, then you should briefly talk about the other characters if necessary. discussing symblisms is a great idea, stick to it

sam313

HSC
Ok I disagree. I think you need to place emphasis on Tom, Coral and Gwen. All characters may change and everthing, but these three show significance for all the characters. Without them in the play and what happens to them, lots of the other results wouldn't have happened.
Symbolism is good, this should be a focus of technique as well as language, dialogue, stage directions, etc.
You should be writing at least 3 A4 hand written pages but 4-5 is better. If you can't write 3 pages then you don't kow your text well enough. Considering this, your related material and stimulus book takes a bit of room too so don't forget that that is included in the at least 3 pages.

Sam

coolcapsicum

HSC
in terms of characters.. i get how the journey affect on coral and gwen (how they have made emotional transformations .. and all)

but Tom.. i don't really get?.. could anyone help?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
coolcapsicum said:
in terms of characters.. i get how the journey affect on coral and gwen (how they have made emotional transformations .. and all)

but Tom.. i don't really get?.. could anyone help?
This thread was created in August of LAST YEAR. :)

You're better off making a new thread or having a better look through the forums. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)