B Business/B Commerce (1 Viewer)

nikilily

HSC
Was wondering if anyone from UON could answer a few questions I need to know urgently!!
I am interested in doing the B Business B Commerce double degree, my ATAR was 80 so I fell just short of the required ATAR for the double degree. However I do qualify for 4 bonus points as I got between an E3 - E4 in Ext English and also I was a regional student. Could I still put the courses as my first preference and be confident that I will get an offer from UON if the bonus points are automatically added?

If I can't would it be possible to put just the B Business as my first preference than at the end of my first year/first semester transfer and take on the Commerce degree as well?

I'm planning on having a gap year this year and was not sure if I still have to apply for on campus accommodation even though I won't be attending uni until 2012, (I have emailed the uni about this but they haven't got back to me yet). If anyone could give me some answers/advice it would be MUCH appreciated...and yes I know I really should've looked into this earlier.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
You should put your higher priority courses first regardless of your mark. The Cut-off's change every year and you do get those bonus marks; you have nothing to lose by being honest with your priority of courses.

Yes, apply for accomodation now but say when you require it (I believe this is part of the forms?). Geting in is an absolute cunt, the places are extremely limited so you really have to sell yourself. Make sure you try now and be open minded to having to find accomodation off-campus.

Last edited:

pat89

HSC
Regarding the doing the B Business and switching scenario...

If you dont happen to get into the doubel straight away, that should work as a backup plan. I know some people who did that without any trouble.

The courses within the combined program are identical to the two individuals, so you wont lose any time at all with double up of courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)