• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B communication (advertising) - what's it like? (1 Viewer)

tango_58

HSC
hey guys i'm currently in yr 12 and i'm looking around at my options for uni study.

one course that has really interested me is the Bachelor of Communications in advertising at uws and i was wondering if anyone can tell me more about it...

firstly, do u like it?
what does it involve?
what types of classes are they? like lectures, etc.
and basically any info u can give me that you can only get from actually doin the course, not just reading about it.

thanx heaps everyone...

Angel45

HSC
Heya,

I do B. Comm and that includes same cores...incl. Intro to Advertising which was really good.. Phil Stubbs is an excellent lecturer and arranges the content really well and logically (he used to lecture at CSU), so I'd imagine the whole major would be like that, as r most of the other majors be it journalism or PR - very practical stuff!!

Some of the cores u HAVE to do are a bit puffy and 'fillers'.... you come to recognise the kind just by their names :s but u know... u'll prolly find some rel. stuff in there.

In terms of the profession related units - they're good - as r some of the cores, don't get me wrong. From reading diff. articles UWS is receiving increasing praise for it's practical side and employers in the industry are becoming increasingly aware of that...so yeah, worth considering!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)