• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Engineering/Commerce UNSW (1 Viewer)

chantszhin

HSC
Hey guys,
I'm considering to do Engineering/Commerce at UNSW.
I was wondering how the timetable actually works?
Just say i choose to do ALL engineering course in the first year, and then start some commerce 2nd year......when i do commerce in that 2nd year, do i do it with the first year students of that year?
And if i start commerce like 2nd semester of my first year (if possible) aren't i behind everyone else??
I have no idea if any of these example are possible.
Just wanted to ask!!
Thanks

LordPc

HSC
UNSW Handbook Program - Engineering/Commerce - 3715

if you havent been there, that will give you some information.

if you have a look at the "program structure" section if tells you pretty much what you want to know. keep in mind that a single subject is 6 units of credit (or 6 UoC), so that means 24 units of credit is 4 subjects which is the usual load per semester.

it looks like you do engineering in 1st year and in the first semester of 2nd year. then in the 2nd semester of 2nd year you start your commerce subjects and it kind of alternates from then on.

so it looks like you will start commerce subjects in 2nd semester of 2nd year. many subjects are run in multiple semesters for various reasons. some students may fail a subject which they need to do other subjects, some students transfer, some students start uni in 2nd semester and then there are those double double degrees. so you wont be behind at all.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Respect for wanting to do engineering/commerce (probably the best combination of degrees at UNSW).However, get ready for the 25 hour weeks you'll be having to do though.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Respect for wanting to do engineering/commerce (probably the best combination of degrees at UNSW).However, get ready for the 25 hour weeks you'll be having to do though.
Neg respect to nullify this post and for doing commerce.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Whats wrong with engineering/commerce?

If not geology, I was looking at mining eng/environmental to supplement my finance/economics degree...

The applied maths looks yum.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Returned neg respect for going to university on the other side of the country doing a degree that is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.You're fucking annoying and I really don't understand why you bother posting here in the first place?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hey guys,
I'm considering to do Engineering/Commerce at UNSW.
I was wondering how the timetable actually works?
Just say i choose to do ALL engineering course in the first year, and then start some commerce 2nd year......when i do commerce in that 2nd year, do i do it with the first year students of that year?
And if i start commerce like 2nd semester of my first year (if possible) aren't i behind everyone else??
I have no idea if any of these example are possible.
Just wanted to ask!!
Thanks
A friend of mine is doing this exact degree at UNSW.

First year involves engineering subjects, then second year you start some commerce subjects.
When you do commerce in second year, you most likely will be doing it with first years (im not 100% sure, but they're most likely first year subjects).
If you do start commerce in second semester of first year, then you would've missed out on an engineering subject, so yes, you would be behind (unless you take that subject in summer term, and that depends on if its even offered then).

Commerce students usually come to uni only 3 days a week, while engineering students usually have 5 days (~24hrs) of contact hours. If ur lucky you might be able to get 1 day off. I had fridays off in first semester of my first year, but the other days were jam packed, lol.

Good luck with studies!

Last edited:

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Returned neg respect for going to university on the other side of the country doing a degree that is completely unrelated to the topic at hand.You're fucking annoying and I really don't understand why you bother posting here in the first place?
neg rep for being bad

scora

HSC
rof,

i didn't realise there was reputation settings on this forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)